PDA

View Full Version : GAS is a funny thing

pes_laul
December 28th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Well the other day I wanted a delay pedal but then I began realizing that I don't really need one but then I started playing my acoustic and hating it because its a piece of doo doo (but it was free:bravo: )

so now Im looking a new acoustic for around 300$

Here is my first choice: http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEADV

I already got 1/3 of the money

Spudman
December 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Desires are inexhaustible. Welcome to the world Grasshopper.

However, a good acoustic is a necessity.:beer:

pes_laul
December 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM
Desires are inexhaustible. Welcome to the world Grasshopper.

However, a good acoustic is a necessity.:beer:
hey spudly got any suggestions for my price range?

Blaze
December 28th, 2008, 06:31 PM
This one has good review ....

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Seagull-The-Original-S6-Acoustic-Guitar-104069091-i1147556.gc?CJAID=10449560&CJPID=1759905

evenkeel
December 30th, 2008, 12:03 PM
The epi you have an eye on is a very nice guitar, for not a lot of coin. As is the Seagull Blazes mentioned.

Another good option in the price range.

Washburn D10s

Since you like Les Pauls you should also look at a Washburn EA20. You'd have to go used to get in the $300 range but I'd bet you'd like the guitar. Has a very nice acoustic only sound, is terrific amped and has a very Les Paul kind of feel to it.

Spudman
December 30th, 2008, 12:10 PM
hey spudly got any suggestions for my price range?

I'm not an expert on acoustic guitars. There are others here that know more than I but Blazes pointing you to the Seagull is a good start. Samick and Crafter are making some nice ones now that are very affordable.

You might be able to find a nice Ibanez Artwood (AW) in that price too.

Andy
December 30th, 2008, 12:16 PM
this is close to what I have, fantastic guitar for the money, I've had mine for many years and it has proven it's self at many jam get togethers. the tone really stands out. mine doesn't have the electronics.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Takamine-G-Series-340C-AcousticElectric-Guitar?sku=516427

peachhead
December 30th, 2008, 02:04 PM
I've played the Dove and the Hummingbird and for some reason the Hummingbird sounded better to me. Both of the ones I played needed work and new strings so take that at face value.

Personally I would probably pass them both up for a D10S.

street music
December 31st, 2008, 05:40 AM
Pes, I'll second the Takamine that Andy recommended, if you ever deside to play an acoustic on stage TAKAMINE rules with their acoustic-electric sound.

Kazz
December 31st, 2008, 07:07 AM
The Seagull S6 has a very wide neck...which is a good thing for me an my stiff fingers...but may not be such a good thing for young Pes....

The D10s or D10Q which I notice comes with a case at zzsounds would be a good choice. They are very nice guitars especially for the money spent. Personally, I love my Washburn D46 and am going to definitely resolve to play it more in 2009 than I did in 2008.