PDA

View Full Version : Watermelon in Easter Hay jam

grcsomd
December 28th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Folks,

Its been quite a while since I have recorded anything or uploaded any clips to the site.... but I just finished this guitar solo/jam over a canned backing track. This was recorded using a Digitech RP 350 Satch patch.. and my Carvin Bolt/ Bridge-Humbucker...

http://www.box.net/shared/q6b7al138t

Yeah.. plenty of mistakes and I missed at least half the riffs, but I just wanted to put it out there in case there were any Zappa fans. I would be interested to hear any other covers of this tune...

Later-

grcsomd

mrmudcat
December 28th, 2008, 06:48 PM
No worries here brother we are all one level on this forum!!

Carvins rule also!!!!:bravo:

M29
December 28th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Don't hesitate grcsomd, give us all you can! Sounds good, I liked it. Nice sound and riffs:AOK:

M29

oldguy
December 29th, 2008, 05:26 AM
That sounded just fine, grcsomd. I liked the patch you used on the 350.......did you make it or find it on the Digitech user forum, or elsewhere?

Don't hesitate to post your clips anytime.
"we want to hear you play!" ............. means just that.
Thanks for sharing that clip with us, and let's hear some more.............it sounded great!:D

grcsomd
December 29th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I liked the patch you used on the 350.......did you make it or find it on the Digitech user forum, or elsewhere?
:D

I just used the factory preset #60 named SATCH. I think it was set for Amp A, but I may have clicked it over to B. After listening to the clip again, I think I also may have used the neck pickup (twinblade humbucker) at the beginning, and finished on the bridge.

Folks: THANKS for all the encouragement !! I will try to put some more tracks together soon. I have been away from the guitar for a while, but I want to get back into playing again.. I am still kind of stuck in a rut with a lot of these old Zappa tunes.. and it may take me a while to get it out of my system ;) (before I can move onto something else) I realize FZ is not always everybody's cup of tea... Thanks for bearing with me ..

Here's another clip with two separate Digitech patches... I think the last one is Greaser. ;)

http://www.box.net/shared/h5qv0y57dh

FWIW, I tried this same setup with my Kramer...(I have the Jimi special pickups from GuitarFetish).. anyway.. it didn't sound anywhere as smooth... I owe most of the tone on these cilps to the Carvin..