PDA

View Full Version : Empty Rooms - Gary Moore cover

Spudman
December 31st, 2008, 09:30 PM
I've always loved this song and just started messing around with the backing track. I'm considering this a work in progress because it was basically a project so that I could get to know Cubase 4 a little better (daunting program to learn).

Anyway, I hope you enjoy and have feedback for me.
http://www.box.net/shared/vmvyy1okeu

SuperSwede
January 1st, 2009, 02:45 AM
Good recording Spud, awesome guitar sounds and playing overall...

I´m not too fond of the piano sound though... software?

oldguy
January 1st, 2009, 06:29 AM
Good job, Spudman, I'm just now giving it a second listen, this time through the headphones instead of the computer speakers..............much better balance and sound.

street music
January 1st, 2009, 07:24 AM
Great job Spud! It sounds very nice , I'm not into great deals of distrotion in my own playing but you have just enough in this to give a strong emotional feeling to the words of the song. Vocals -Yours?

tot_Ou_tard
January 1st, 2009, 07:51 AM
Spud you've gotta write a prog-opera someday.

duhvoodooman
January 1st, 2009, 08:12 AM
Very nice, Steve! You do a really great job on these--playing, singing & recording! :bravo: :beer: :bravo:

M29
January 1st, 2009, 08:53 AM
Very nice Spud, I enjoyed that very much! Some good stuff going on there, very inspirational, nice recording:AOK:

Spudman
January 1st, 2009, 09:47 AM
Great job Spud! It sounds very nice , I'm not into great deals of distrotion in my own playing but you have just enough in this to give a strong emotional feeling to the words of the song. Vocals -Yours?

Thanks. Yes I did the vocals and harmonies. The piano sounds are from the backing track. Guitars are all mine.

sunvalleylaw
January 1st, 2009, 10:27 AM
I really like it Spudley! As always, the guitar solo work is very melodic, yet you surprised me a time or two in your direction. Cool!

mrmudcat
January 1st, 2009, 10:46 AM
:master:

Thanks brother for putting some feeling for change and hope back in me today im filled with anxiety bad!

Steve206
January 1st, 2009, 11:14 AM
I am happily surprised. Nicely played with just enough of whatever that was.

With the computer based software, how many tracks are available?

Thanks,,

Steve

helliott
January 1st, 2009, 12:40 PM
Very nice tune. How many takes for the solos? They're very smooth and ballsy.

Algonquin
January 1st, 2009, 01:47 PM
Sounds great Steve. I'd like to invest in some recording software this year and try to do a little more recording as well... but as you mentioned, it can be daunting indeed!

sunvalleylaw
January 1st, 2009, 04:08 PM
Hey, I forgot to ask, which guitar? I think of Gary Moore as a LP player, and I am curious what you used.

Spudman
January 1st, 2009, 05:15 PM
Very nice tune. How many takes for the solos? They're very smooth and ballsy.

Thanks. Guitars are all one take. I played partway through and then decided to add a rhythm guitar. 2 guitars is all.

Steve206 - there are more tracks available than I'll ever use. I really don't know how many. Many audio, tons of midi, VST...it goes on and on. I'm just getting to know the program now.

Steve T - it was done with the Ibanez RG520 QS. It's very Les Paul sounding with it's thick mahogany body and sapele top.

Steffe1973
January 15th, 2009, 02:41 AM
This I really liked!! Nice feel and soft playing! I however just like a LOT of
effects such as chorus delay and reeeeeeeeeverb on my vocals (because I don´t have a great singingvoice).
Anyways, nice man!

Steffe