PDA

View Full Version : Digitech amp models

SweetSong
January 1st, 2009, 05:27 AM
I was lookin on ebay at a Digitech rp100. Its used but just wondering if any of you guys have one and if the amp models and reverb and delay are nice? I have a real tube amp,but I need just a little reverb and delay. Are those amp models nice for using with a tube amp?

oldguy
January 1st, 2009, 06:38 AM
I had one, then traded up to the RP-250.
The reverbs and delays are nice, yes, as are the amp models............just remember you'll have to do some knob twisting and tweaking to get the sounds you like. Most of the factory preset are so-so at best, but spend some time making a few adjustments and it's a good little unit.
Why not drop by the FretPlayers section and tell us a little more about yourself, what gear you have, etc???
It's always nice when a new member gives an introduction so we can say welcome to the fret.

just strum
January 1st, 2009, 09:15 AM
I was lookin on ebay at a Digitech rp100. Its used but just wondering if any of you guys have one and if the amp models and reverb and delay are nice? I have a real tube amp,but I need just a little reverb and delay. Are those amp models nice for using with a tube amp?

How much are they asking for the RP100? You might be able to move up to the RP250 or 350. The comment that OG made about tweaking is made a lot easier by connection the unit to your computer and making your adjustments there.

And also as OG noted, be sure to go over to Fret Players and give yourself a deserved intro.

EDIT: Oh. regarding the tube amp question - yes, ABSOLUTELY!!! I feel it is far better to use through a tube amp than a SS, but it works fine through either.

SweetSong
January 2nd, 2009, 03:32 AM
Thanks very much.So anyways I didn't get that pedal.I forgot to be on to bid again.It was I think 61 dollors on the last bid. So I'll just keep looking and maybe get a newer one. I don't think that one goes into a computer like you are talking about.I might just look for ones that do. Dose it matter so much about the brand? Is Digitech one of the best? There's alot of these on ebay but if Digitech is one o the best than I just need to know what ones to get.

I was looking it up and it has a fuzz model! I want something like that too. I guess I just need to try n get a cheap one just to see what they are like.

Ok! I'll go introduce myself. This is a very cool site! I'll start getting on here more.Oh and I'm from up by Cleveland too!

oldguy
January 2nd, 2009, 05:07 AM
Digitech makes a great product, but so does Zoom, P.O.D, and several others.
Tell you what.......... you could start a new thread about it either here or under the "Pedals" section...........then we can get this subject going and find out who likes what best, which ones connect to computer via USB, etc. etc.

Oh, and thanks for the intro, you'll be receiving lots of welcomes shortly.:)

SweetSong
January 27th, 2009, 06:40 AM
I just got one of these!!. It came yesterday so ,Wow I been playing with it every second I'm home. It's alot of fun and sounds good enough for me anyway. Some of the effects are not great at all , or maybe I just have to learn how to use it more. I'm not great at knowing how it should sound but some are like oh that must be bad! I know less is more so going by that for now.

Ok so far ,I love the Amp models and different reverbs, and playing with delay alot. I love this just for that so happy.

I set one on vox9 and the bass 1 , mid 6 , treble ,2 Spring reverb, 3 compression. So almost perfect !
It has a Fuzz model too I love.

It's very fun to learn about effects I've never used.I've only used my real tube amp with it so far.