PDA

View Full Version : Marnold and other George Lynch fans! (ESP LTD content)

Katastrophe
January 2nd, 2009, 07:03 PM
Teh coolness! ESP has made an LTD (more affordable) Lynch Tiger model!

GAS!

http://www.espguitars.com/news/news.html

Scroll down a bit.

Andy
January 2nd, 2009, 07:55 PM
cool , I wonder if it has the fat neck profile like his sig models.

sadly,not much new on the ESP side.I'd like to see more standard models in something other than ...black.

marnold
January 3rd, 2009, 09:40 AM
Sweeeeeeet. Any idea of what the price is going to be on that bad boy? (Update: I found one site with a preliminary listing for $499.) I wonder what they did to make it cheaper? It doesn't look like a Duncan in the picture--at least "Seymour Duncan" doesn't seem to be on it. Of course, I already have a Screamin' Demon :) I do kind of wish they would've kept the neck single coil.

The Laiho model with pinstripes is awfully sharp too (pun not intended).

Katastrophe
January 5th, 2009, 09:28 AM
cool , I wonder if it has the fat neck profile like his sig models.

sadly,not much new on the ESP side.I'd like to see more standard models in something other than ...black.

Yep, lots o' black in the ESP line. It would be nice.

Marnold, where did you find the pricing info? Linky?

marnold
January 5th, 2009, 10:27 AM
http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-ESPGL200MT

At that price point I smell:
1) Cheap licensed Floyd
2) No-name pickup
3) Some other body wood but definitely not maple--not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Those maple bodies must weigh a ton.

So basically you are left with . . . the paint job. Of course, if it plays nicely enough you can slap an OFR and a Screamin' Demon in there for less than the real ESP version.

Katastrophe
January 5th, 2009, 11:01 AM
http://www.instrumentpro.com/P-ESPGL200MT

At that price point I smell:
1) Cheap licensed Floyd
2) No-name pickup
3) Some other body wood but definitely not maple--not that that's necessarily a bad thing. Those maple bodies must weigh a ton.

So basically you are left with . . . the paint job. Of course, if it plays nicely enough you can slap an OFR and a Screamin' Demon in there for less than the real ESP version.

Agreed to all. I read an interivew where Lynch said that the original Tiger weighed something like 12 lbs, putting it squarely into heavier mahogany LP territory, and that he's worn it so much that it's affected the way he stands.

I can't imagine that they would use maple.

Also, wasn't the original Tiger body one that Lynch got from Charvel, and then slapped an ESP neck on it?

Also, there is a "relic strat" Lynch sig ESP/LTD model out there. The ESP uses Duncan pups, the LTD uses ESP brand pups (which aren't half bad, at least in mine). Price on the LTD model is $449 @ Sam Ash.

There are gonna be tons o' differences with the much more expensive ESP model, but if one comes in to the local GC I'm gonna try it out! It's a sure bet that none of the other local stores will carry it in Austin. A lot of Fender / Gibson love goin' round these days.

Andy
January 5th, 2009, 11:09 AM
back in the day,the ESP factory made necks and bodies for several companys , Kramer,schector and some other big names, many people claim that the charvel/jackon brand also use the same factory for some of their necks ect..

it's hard to say what came from where back in the early to mid 80's.but a good part of it came from ESP.

Sam ash would be a good choice for finding this new tiger model, they carry alot of esp/ltd that the others don't

marnold
January 5th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure of the history of the Tiger. I'd like to try one at least. I heard the original has a big ol' neck on it, whereas I tend to prefer the more thin/shreddy variety.

Andy
January 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
If it's like all the other m200 series it will be a basswood body with(very thin) maple neck. will have to wait and see.

I'm not big on flashy graphics but ,I do kinda like the tiger.
tho if I were to whip one out on stage, I better know some Dokken...lol

Katastrophe
January 6th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Okay, if it's basswood I'm cool. My Ibanez is basswood, and it's a great sounding guitar, when Mr. Floyd decides to work right.

marnold
January 6th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Both my guitars are basswood as is my bass (with a maple top). It's a good wood for hard rock/metal applications and is nice and light, but it's a big difference from maple. Not sure how pleased I'd be to play a maple guitar.

Katastrophe
January 15th, 2009, 01:14 PM
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_george.html

Yep, basswood body, FR "Special" (read: Licensed) bridge, and original fat, U contour neck, with ESP brand pups and tuners.

DROOOOOOOOL.:drool: :drool: :rockon: