PDA

View Full Version : Bought a Vox Wah & Fulltone OCD :-)

Jimi75
January 3rd, 2009, 08:26 AM
What a day....had to drive to the shop again to bring back the RMC Wah. The technician said it's more severe and they might have to send it back to Geoffrey Teese in the USA. They had a Vox V847A wah there and I have never tried one before. Good that I tried it today. The sweep range is perfect for my way of rocking the pedal, the sound is very good and it looks good, too! I said due to the disappointment with the RMC you need to make me some good offer, so he gave me 15% off plus a gift coupon for a True Bypass mod. As the mod will be done in another town I will make the mod in February or so, of course I took the Vox and I am very satisfied with it.

Had a GAS attack while being in the shop on a Fulltone OCD. I have checked a TC Electronics Dual Vintage Distortion and a Toad Works Mr Ed. Both pedals sounded very sterile. I have once tested the OCD but under horrific circumstances (millions of people in the shop, no silence while testing....) so I gave it a mediocre review if you remember. This time I was the early bird and figured that the OCD is the missing link in my chain.
Now I am on the hunt for an Xotic RC Booster and some kind of Vibe effect. As the one OCD the shop had was reserved "on hold" I ordered one that I will hopefully get in the next week. Friday is my next gig, so please cross your fingers for me that I will have the pedal until then.

That's my little "Adventuresd in Wah Wah Land" Episode....Soundclips to be followed, promissed.

Jimi75

mrmudcat
January 3rd, 2009, 09:49 AM
Hey bro ive got a vox wah also in my wah collection.

It is the limited union jack flag color.:beer:

Robert
January 3rd, 2009, 11:37 AM
Vox wahs are great. Hey, try the Cool Cat Vibe - truebypass and inexpensive but good tone.

rkwrenn
January 3rd, 2009, 12:02 PM
You won't regret purchasing the OCD. I've been through these pedals...

* Fulltone FullDrive II
* Digitech Bad Monkey
* Keeley modded Boss Blues Driver
* Barber Burn Unit
* Boss OD1 and OD3

OCD obsoleted them all. I power it at 18v with a Dunlop DC-Brick.

Best pedal I've used so far.

Cheers and HTH,

Bob

ZMAN
January 3rd, 2009, 12:34 PM
Jimi: If you like the OCD then I would try the Mini Deja vibe by Fulltone. I have one and it is really good. It has true bypass, it is also a chorus pedal and a vibe, it has two settings, modern and vintage and is bullet proof.
Robin Trower uses one in his set up. With your new Marshall you can get that SRV, Hendrix tone spot on. (Uses english term). Simple to use 3 knobs, volume, intensity, and a large speed knob that you can turn with your foot.
A little pricey but buy it once and you are done. I started with the Mini as my first Fulltone pedal and I liked it so much I have since replaced all my pedals with Fulltone. Fat Boost, Fulldrive II, OCD, and my next purchase is a Clyde Wah.