PDA

View Full Version : Who will dine today............

mrmudcat
January 4th, 2009, 11:14 AM
Ok I thought id get a jump on ya rowdy's around here !!!!

So fish or birds today who will dine .................;)

Fins for this native born son !!!!!!!!

Kazz
January 4th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Mud....this one is going to be tough....Ravens favored by 3 1/2.....I will take the Dolphins.

duhvoodooman
January 4th, 2009, 12:44 PM
I'm pulling for Miami, too, but defense generally wins in the playoffs....

just strum
January 4th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Those birds are the Browns in different colors and traitors to the city.

Go Dolphins!!!

Going to be tough against that Raven defense.

just strum
January 4th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Ravens, curse you!!!

mrmudcat
January 4th, 2009, 03:06 PM
:whatever: Bam my team I was rooting for are.......... out in the first round ........birds ate the fish .They were hungrier!

duhvoodooman
January 4th, 2009, 03:22 PM
...birds ate the fish .They were hungrier!
Mostly, they seemed to enjoy swallowing Pennington passes....

R_of_G
January 4th, 2009, 03:54 PM
I think the real Pennington was exposed today. Yes, he had a wonderful season and I was happy for the guy, but just as I watched many times as a Jets fan, when it came down to a game that really mattered against a team with a real defense, Chad is easy to figure out. He simply cannot throw the long ball with any accuracy whatsoever and defenses know it. His long passes are wobbly and very high in the air and are easy pickin' for someone like Ed Reed. Defenses can key in on the short game because Chad is not a legitimate long ball threat. This is why, Favre or no Favre, Chad had worn out his welcome in New York. He does certain things very well as a QB, but since the two shoulder surgeries, there are just certain things he cannot do.

After watching this game all I can say is that I hope Jets management has the same idea that I do, that Rex Ryan should be the next head coach of the Jets. That was an example of how ineffective the gimmick "wildcat" offense is against a defensive coordinator that knows what he's doing. That offense is a joke and Baltimore shut it down twice this season. Congratulations to Ryan. He's put together a defense in Baltimore that must make his dad (Buddy Ryan) proud.

mrmudcat
January 4th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Mostly, they seemed to enjoy swallowing Pennington passes....

OUCH:thwap: ;)

I am strictly a defense first, I am a run it down their throats!:thwap: 2 good RB's where were they?:poke:

mrmudcat
January 4th, 2009, 06:47 PM
I think the real Pennington was exposed today. Yes, he had a wonderful season and I was happy for the guy, but just as I watched many times as a Jets fan, when it came down to a game that really mattered against a team with a real defense, Chad is easy to figure out. He simply cannot throw the long ball with any accuracy whatsoever and defenses know it. His long passes are wobbly and very high in the air and are easy pickin' for someone like Ed Reed. Defenses can key in on the short game because Chad is not a legitimate long ball threat. This is why, Favre or no Favre, Chad had worn out his welcome in New York. He does certain things very well as a QB, but since the two shoulder surgeries, there are just certain things he cannot do.

After watching this game all I can say is that I hope Jets management has the same idea that I do, that Rex Ryan should be the next head coach of the Jets. That was an example of how ineffective the gimmick "wildcat" offense is against a defensive coordinator that knows what he's doing. That offense is a joke and Baltimore shut it down twice this season. Congratulations to Ryan. He's put together a defense in Baltimore that must make his dad (Buddy Ryan) proud.

Agreed:AOK:

just strum
January 4th, 2009, 06:49 PM
OUCH:thwap: ;)

2 good RB's where were they?:poke:

On the Raven side of the field.

Bloozcat
January 5th, 2009, 08:47 AM
The Dolphins as a whole are still very much a work in progress, although they've progressed quite a bit in just one year. It's true that their schedule was loaded with creampuffs and few of their opponents had winning records, but weren't the Dolphins supposed to be creampuffs as well?. Chad Pennington did well within his limitations and those of the offense in general, but they were no match for a ball hawking defense like that of the, er, Ravens (they're known by a different name in my household that I won't mention here ;) ) And to think that I once felt sorry for the Baltimore fans when Indy stole their team...:whatever:

As former Canes, I'll always like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis...I just wish they weren't on that team from Baltimore...:mad:

In the Bill Parcells grand scheme of things, Chad Pennington is not the future of the Dolphins at quarterback, he was brought in as an interim quarterback. Chad Henne is the future of the Dolphins at quarterback. Parcells knows that Pennington is a smart player and student of the game who will be a great mentor for Henne. Pennington brought with him a strong work ethic, and an infectious desire to compete and win that was non-existent on the pre-Parcells Dolphins. Pennington's skills on the field might be somewhat lacking, but his attitude and football smarts is right in line with Parcells' philosophy.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and even Bill Parcells needs a couple of years...:)

mrmudcat
January 5th, 2009, 09:08 AM
The Dolphins as a whole are still very much a work in progress, although they've progressed quite a bit in just one year. It's true that their schedule was loaded with creampuffs and few of their opponents had winning records, but weren't the Dolphins supposed to be creampuffs as well?. Chad Pennington did well within his limitations and those of the offense in general, but they were no match for a ball hawking defense like that of the, er, Ravens (they're known by a different name in my household that I won't mention here ;) ) And to think that I once felt sorry for the Baltimore fans when Indy stole their team...:whatever:

As former Canes, I'll always like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis...I just wish they weren't on that team from Baltimore...:mad:

In the Bill Parcells grand scheme of things, Chad Pennington is not the future of the Dolphins at quarterback, he was brought in as an interim quarterback. Chad Henne is the future of the Dolphins at quarterback. Parcells knows that Pennington is a smart player and student of the game who will be a great mentor for Henne. Pennington brought with him a strong work ethic, and an infectious desire to compete and win that was non-existent on the pre-Parcells Dolphins. Pennington's skills on the field might be somewhat lacking, but his attitude and football smarts is right in line with Parcells' philosophy.

Rome wasn't built in a day, and even Bill Parcells needs a couple of years...:)

Good post brother,well said!!!:beer:

marnold
January 5th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Dolphin fans, but thankful. If you feel bad for yourself, think of us Lions fans who are reduced to waiting until our owner dies. Having said that, I'm not sure Chad Henne's a savior, but hey, I'm all for Michigan men becoming big-time pro QBs.