PDA

View Full Version : The Best Backing Tracks! Mats Nermark!

slow&alive
January 4th, 2009, 03:42 PM
Hi Everyone,

Wow! Just browsing today on the internet I found by chance Mats Nermark's backing track site (and I thought I had everything by him)!

Here it is:
http://nermark.articulateimages.com/index.htm

I ran across Mat's work a few months ago. He is the best creator and recording artist of BT's I know of...and he posts his work for free (although you can donate if you like)!

Not only is he a great player (beyond compare--others can be as good, but nobody is better than he is, and he is also unique)...BUT he is also a great recording engineer (a talent entirely separate from playing).

I am so excited to have found Mat’s site--these are fabulous BT songs to play to! :rotflmao:
Thank God for Mats Nermark!
Enjoy! :AOK:

Craig

PS The funny thing is I found him by accident while reading comments posted regarding a jazz rendition offered up by...our own Robert Renman over at the Gear Page! And I didn't even realize it was Robert until after listening to his song--what a crackup! Great stuff, Robert, as always--love your work, pal!:bravo:
Here is Robert's song:
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=435637&highlight=backing+track

Algonquin
January 4th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the BT link slow&alive.

I guess these tracks are copy protected, as I can't download and save... only play.

slow&alive
January 4th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Hi Algonquin,

I never thought to see about downloading, I was spending all my time playing them (I just bookmarked them), but I know where you're coming from, as I have downloaded so many BTs already.

However, I just went to the first song on the Blues page titled "Roadhouse Cafe 118" and downloaded both his song and his backing track. I then downloaded the funk BT "Friday Mixed".

No problems, so I'm not sure what's going on.
Maybe you should try again (as we know, these computers can be funny at times).

BTW, I am using Firefox with downloading done by Flashgot, if that'll help.

Craig

Robert
January 4th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Hey that's cool! Thanks for mentioning me! Mats is Swedish too by the way. He is insanely good and quick at producing backing tracks. Hat's off.

tot_Ou_tard
January 4th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I only looked at this thread because I thought that you might be in need of a Heimlich maneuver.

Mats Nermark!

Ooooommph Heimlich!

Spat! Cough cough cough...breatheBREATHEbreatheBREAAAAAAAAETH breeeEEAAAAtthhhee.

Whooo! Thanks man!

Nice to know that there were backing tracks in there with the chicken bone.

GREENMACHINE
January 5th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Hey guys,
these backing tracks are awesome! Also I found a way to download them, right click on the bit that says backing track under the song name and click save as.

Cheers,
Cav

SuperSwede
January 6th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Mats Nermark also writes for the Swedish guitar magazine Fuzz.
Talented dude!

Mats N
April 16th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Hi folks,

Mats Nermark here. Someone pointed me to this site so I thought I would check it out.

First of all, thank you all very much for your very kind words about my work and my music. It's very rewarding to see that someone actually appreciates the time I put into my backing tracks.

Craig - your post was probably the nicest things anybody ever said about me and/or my work. Thank you - you sure made my day!

All of you should however know that all my backing tracks start out as real tunes with a real melody. It's all original work and I do it because I love doing it. Then it's very easy to just mute the melody and the solo and export a backing track if someone enjoys it and over the past 4 years people from allover the world have been kind enough to say encouraging things about so I have felt it worthwhile to continue.

There are very few donations so part of my reward besides knowing I make people happy is that sometimes other people post their own versions of my tunes and I learn a lot from listening to others.

Yes, I do also write for FUZZ Magazine but two years ago I was very happy and proud to be apponted by Craig Anderton to be Senior Scandinavian Correspondent to Harmony-Central.

This coming Saturday (18/4) I will visit the FUZZ Guitar Show in Göteborg, Sweden. Maybe I'll see some of your there. There is a meeting of gear freaks like myself in the Godlyd booth at 14.00.

Cheers,

Mats N

SuperSwede
April 17th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Hej på dig Mats,

Välkommen till thefret.net !!!

The rest in english :)

Have you been involved with Fuzz since the start?

Mats N
April 17th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Hej på dig Mats,

Välkommen till thefret.net !!!

The rest in english :)

Have you been involved with Fuzz since the start?

Hi,

Yes, I hve been with FUZZ since the very first issue in 1996. I remember that I wrote the first review in Europe for the Boss GT-3 for that issue.

Cheers,

Mats N

SuperSwede
April 18th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Hi,

Yes, I hve been with FUZZ since the very first issue in 1996. I remember that I wrote the first review in Europe for the Boss GT-3 for that issue.

Cheers,

Mats N

I still have that issue!
I also remember that Reeves Gabrels was meant to write for the magazine?

Mats N
April 18th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I also remember that Reeves Gabrels was meant to write for the magazine?

Yup, that was the plan but it never came to to be. Reeves had too many projects to get into writing.

Cheers,

Mats N