PDA

View Full Version : Nccdd

marnold
January 5th, 2009, 04:21 PM
NCCDD == No Credit Card Debt Day

After many years of trying, I mailed out a payment today that puts me out of credit card debt for the first time since (I think) 1993. The money we normally spent on that will instead go into a savings account because my 1995 Olds Achieva with 210K+ miles isn't getting any younger.

You may find me wandering around the house doing this:
ACpNVD5GMUw

Rocket
January 5th, 2009, 04:33 PM
After many years of trying, I mailed out a payment today that puts me out of credit card debt for the first time since (I think) 1993.
Very smart... and especially in light of recent economics and cheap-tricks by the CC companies. Now grind up all except one (for emergencies) and mail the remains back to the CC corp offices.
That's what we did after we put out a lowest-rate bidding war from our CC companies to determine which one we kept.
Chase won... the rest are history!

marnold
January 5th, 2009, 09:24 PM
We've got four now, two of which have never had anything on them. We're going down to two: the GM Card because we've got points built up on it and the Wells Fargo one because our overdraft protection is attached to it. The latter we'll never use and the former won't be seeing the light of day much either.