PDA

View Full Version : Death in the family...

Childbride
January 5th, 2009, 05:45 PM
katie

aug ?, 1992-jan 5, 2009

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/katie.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/P7190002.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/P7030001.jpg

she was a 'daughter' to me...

katie-bear, love, i say good night
but i'll never say good bye...

M29
January 5th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Oh CB my heart goes out to you and your family. Our pets are so much a part of our life. Prayers and mojo going your way.

M29

Robert
January 5th, 2009, 05:49 PM
Oh no, so sorry to hear this. A beloved pet is hard to lose.

luvmyshiner
January 5th, 2009, 06:07 PM
I don't think it really hit me till I got home today. We always keep the blinds on the front door pulled up a couple of inches so she could look it. She would get VERY indignant if she couldn't see out the door. Every day when I come home she's always waiting there for me staring out the front door. She would start barking and jumping on me from the moment I opened the door until I would kneel down and love on her. She wasn't there today and it was hard. We lost a good friend.

ted s
January 5th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Sad to hear this CB & Shiner, it's tough to loose an animal friend.

mrmudcat
January 5th, 2009, 06:33 PM
That really sux ya'll:(

Ya still have pics and memories which is forever:cry:

tjcurtin1
January 5th, 2009, 06:39 PM
CB and Shiner - I'm very sorry to hear this; I've lost furred friends before and know what a hole it leaves. Keep the warm memories alive and they'll always bring a smile...

Blaze
January 5th, 2009, 07:06 PM
So sorry for you man , we have a little dog & we adore her ..17 years is a lot of memories ..Realy sorry

Take Care !

Katastrophe
January 5th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

My heart goes out to y'all.

oldguy
January 5th, 2009, 07:27 PM
Really sorry CB and Shiner. Prayers and mojo to you all, we've lost two in the past 5 yrs. and it hurts.

ET335
January 5th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Very sorry to hear that CB and Shiner...I know she meant a lot to you.

rugbynyc
January 5th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Please accept my condolences...she looked like a wonderful dog...:(

Rocket
January 5th, 2009, 07:49 PM
Condolences from us & our Katy... half of our pairadox.

evenkeel
January 5th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Shiner, C.B.
So Sorry.

warren0728
January 5th, 2009, 08:29 PM
sorry to hear of your loss cb and shiner....mojo sent....

Tone2TheBone
January 5th, 2009, 08:58 PM
I'm sorry you guys. My sincere condolences to you.

piebaldpython
January 5th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Hey CB & Shiner.......so truly sorry to hear of your loss.

sunvalleylaw
January 5th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Sorry for your loss. Our old friend who we had since '93 passed this last spring as well, and I know how it hurts.

duhvoodooman
January 5th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry for your loss, CB & Shiner. She looks like she was a real lover of a puppy!

peachhead
January 5th, 2009, 10:11 PM
My heart feels for both of you- I've been there and it still hurts.
I'm so sorry.

sumitomo
January 5th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Sorry for you loss CB.I had a dog that I was so close too,that got hit by a car and I had to put him down.I cried for three days.I still have a picture and good memories and so will you.Sumi:D

street music
January 6th, 2009, 05:32 AM
Hey, so sorry to read of this, CB & SHINER you know that she left this world knowing she was loved very much.

Jimi75
January 6th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Oh that is very sad!

F_BSurfer
January 6th, 2009, 07:39 AM
So sorry for your loss

bigoldron
January 6th, 2009, 07:46 AM
CB & Shiner, my family and I send you prayers and condolences. We have an 8 year old "baby" too that will break our hearts too when she passes. I know it hurts, but peace be with you.

One thing that might help is to begin looking for another one to love. Just a thought.

luvmyshiner
January 6th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Thanks for all the kind words and thoughts y'all. Last night was pretty tough on CB, but we got her through it. I'm grateful that Katie was in our lives as long as she was, and that the end was quick and she didn't suffer.

just strum
January 6th, 2009, 11:27 AM
CB, sorry to hear that Katie is no loinger with you (physically). She gave you a lot of great years.

I spent Sunday my neighbors dog left their yard and after a day of searching we found she had passed in a mishap. I've had my share of pet saddness for awhile.

Again, sorry for the loss.

Brian Krashpad
January 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM
My condolences.

Prayers and mojo to you and yours on the loss of your family member.

Childbride
January 6th, 2009, 09:42 PM
i want to thank all y'all for the thoughts, condolences, mojo, and caring. sincerely, from the depths of my heart.

i am bad company right now and am going to play the quiet game for awhile.

i got katie when she was 5 weeks old... she fit in the palm of my hand. she has always gone everywhere with me. and she and i have a story and a history that i cannot tell. we are old souls together. she is the thread that sews all of my realities together.

[edit: Kat... last night, when all i could do was cry, you made me smile... :) ]

thank you.
k

street music
January 6th, 2009, 09:56 PM
Bless your heart CB, I know that feeling way too much. My wife doesn't want dog because of the hurt she had from loosing the last one but I still want another Boxer. Think of those good times and the pleasure you got from having her close to your side. :) :)