PDA

View Full Version : Oh Canada!

t_ross33
January 5th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Sorry Rob, SS et al. Canada downs Sweden 5-1 in the World Junior Hockey Championship gold medal game.

The Swedes put up a good fight - it was a real grinder of a game :dude:

5 in a row for Canada - see you in Saskatchewan in '10!!!! :beer:

duhvoodooman
January 5th, 2009, 09:36 PM
:master: :master: :master:

Robert
January 5th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Ah shut up will ya.

markb
January 5th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Ah shut up will ya.

So which side were you rooting for, Robert? Don't you win both ways like I do with England vs. The All Blacks ;)

Robert
January 5th, 2009, 11:36 PM
That's right, it's a win-win situation! :D

marnold
January 6th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Everybody knows that all the good Swedes are already playing for the Red Wings :)

t_ross33
January 6th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Ah shut up will ya.

I said "sorry" ;)

It was a pretty good game - lots of bump and grind, but Tokarski just stonewalled Sweden - it's not like they didn't have a chance.

Pulling the goalie in late in the third served up two more easy goals for Canada, so that strategy backfired for sure.

Algonquin
January 6th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Good game, but it didn't compare to the intensity or drama of the previous two games against Russia or the US.

There were quite a few things in the game from both sides that I didn't like seeing, but these are kids really.

All in all a good series for all Countries represented, and we'll likely be seeing more of these kids on the professional stage soon.

Cheers :beer:

tot_Ou_tard
January 6th, 2009, 04:56 PM
What is hockey? :D

Robert
January 6th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I prefer to watch national games like these so much more than the NHL hockey. These are players playing their heart out for the country, not a fat paycheck (I do realize many of them will go straight to NHL after though). Makes it so much more interesting to watch. Each country develops their own players, they don't buy them somewhere.

t_ross33
January 6th, 2009, 08:07 PM

It's like football, but with sticks, a hard rubber disk instead of a soft inflated oddly shaped ball and razor sharp blades strapped to your feet. Oh, it's usually played in the middle of winter on some god-forsaken patch of ice vs cushy astro-turf under a dome.

Not for the faint of heart :poke: Hey, we don't get out much up here :beer::rotflmao:;) Now, where DID I put the keys to the ski-doo? :confused:

marnold
January 7th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Speaking of the Wings, I saw on the Detroit Free Press today that Wings' prospect Joakim Andersson had a great tournament: two goals, four assists, and a +7 rating over six games.

bigoldron
January 7th, 2009, 09:25 AM

Rodney Dangerfield said it best when he said that "Hockey is a tough sport. One night I went to a boxing match and a hockey game broke out!"