PDA

View Full Version : Digitech RP50

pes_laul
January 5th, 2009, 10:00 PM
Earlier today my step sister's boyfriend came to the door with a digitech RP50 saying its a late christmas present from him and Tracy (they just got married like a week earlier) and so we went in my room and played with it for a bit.

now I've never been much of a multi-FX sorta guy but this thing has got some good stuff:AOK: I don't think I would play a gig with it but im definitely bringing it to band practice from now on:dude:

t_ross33
January 5th, 2009, 10:28 PM
You young punks are probably harder on gear than us old cats ;) but don't be afraid to take your RP to a gig. I gigged an RP80 quite a bit before upgrading to the GNX3000 I use now. Even if you don't use the amp models, the reverbs, delays, modulation effects etc. are quite useable. Run in thru your effects loop - you'll like it!

Rawk On! :rockon:

oldguy
January 6th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Learn how to program your own sounds and tweak the settings................
you'll prob'ly like it way better! :D
They can do some killer high-gain stuff, but they're a little noisy, but real ballsy.:rockon:

birv2
January 6th, 2009, 08:29 AM
I got one a few months ago. Since I play blues almost exclusively, most of the presets aren't useful to me. Basically, I got it as a cheap way to get a bit of delay, reverb, and compression.

I did actually program a patch to use on Red House and used it in a live setting: lots of delay and fuzz. It sounded pretty good, I thought.

Other than that, I haven't used it out. I play mostly at jams and 2 pedals (I always bring an OD pedal) seems like overkill and would likely interfere with the scarce setup time you get.

However, we just moved to an apartment where I have to keep the noise down, and I can just plug headphones into the unit and practice, which is pretty sweet.

Bob

pes_laul
January 6th, 2009, 09:41 PM
You young punks are probably harder on gear than us old cats ;) but don't be afraid to take your RP to a gig. I gigged an RP80 quite a bit before upgrading to the GNX3000 I use now. Even if you don't use the amp models, the reverbs, delays, modulation effects etc. are quite useable. Run in thru your effects loop - you'll like it!

Rawk On! :rockon:
I don't have an effects loop (if your talking one that comes out of my amp)

Jimi75
January 9th, 2009, 07:55 AM
Give it a chance to catch a place in your live set up. Digitech stuff has a great aound quality and for sure there will be something that you could use in a live situation.

pes_laul
January 9th, 2009, 06:13 PM
Give it a chance to catch a place in your live set up. Digitech stuff has a great aound quality and for sure there will be something that you could use in a live situation.
I must say I sure did the pitch shifter.

sure beats paying 150$ for the boss one :eek: