PDA

View Full Version : Do it yourself electronics techs

Tone2TheBone
November 1st, 2005, 02:09 PM
Don't know where else to put this thread but here.

Anyway how many of you are do it yourself electrical techs? Soldering your own pots...adding new pickups...wiring mods to your guitars and amps etc? I am CONSTANTLY modifying my stuff and I wondered how many of you do the same? I just got a bunch of different parts for my old Les Paul Studio. Making the guitar stock the way it was when I got it. Over the years I've done this and that to it to change the look and sound but now I'm kinda going back to my "roots" with this guitar. The only mod I have with it now is the treble bleed mod on the volume pots. The pickup rings and other plastic accessories are back to 'black' the way it used to be. Even purchased new Gibson knobs and a new Gibson humbucker cover to solder over my Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pickup (the white color of the pickup doesn't match my new black accessories). Now I'll have 2 nickle colored humbucker covers to complement my scheme. Piddling with things like this is also another fun part of playing. Are there any other Dr. Frankensteins out there?