PDA

View Full Version : Lynch, Kotzen, Gilbert to tour starting Feb 09

Spudman
January 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM
George Lynch (DOKKEN, LYNCH MOB), Richie Kotzen (MR. BIG, POISON) and Paul Gilbert (MR. BIG, RACER X) are tentatively scheduled to join forces for a tour dubbed "Guitar Generation". The two-month trek is expected to launch around February 25 in Los Angeles. No further details are currently available.

LYNCH MOB is currently working on a new album, tentatively entitled "Smoke And Mirrors", for an early summer release.

Kotzen will release his first-ever live DVD, "Bootlegged In Brazil", in Europe on December 5 via Frontiers Records. A perfect complement to the recent CD-only release "Live In Sao Paulo", "Bootlegged In Brazil" is the first official live performance to be made available by the acclaimed guitarist/vocalist.

Gilbert recently released a new studio album in collaboration with Freddie Nelson. The CD, entitled "United States", contains ten tracks of high-energy hard rock, described as a cross between QUEEN and MR. BIG.

hubberjub
January 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Paul Gilbert's playing blows my mind. I can sit for hours watching him pick on Youtube. That tour would be enough to make me want to hang up my guitar forever.

Suhnton
January 6th, 2009, 07:35 PM
All amazing players for sure, but of the three, I think I like Richie Kotzen the most. Has an incredible voice too, reminiscent of Chris Cornell of Soundgarden.

Robert
January 6th, 2009, 07:42 PM
I though Spudman was doing that tour this year! :D
Next year fo sho!

marnold
January 6th, 2009, 09:21 PM
If they come within tactical nuclear weapon distance of here, I am SO there.

Spudman
January 6th, 2009, 11:13 PM
All amazing players for sure, but of the three, I think I like Richie Kotzen the most. Has an incredible voice too, reminiscent of Chris Cornell of Soundgarden.

I love Richie too. He's got a ton of soul. I think I have everything he's done except for the Mr. Big stuff.

I thought Spudman was doing that tour this year! :D

Don't I wish. I'd love to play with Richie for sure. HEY YOU THREE GUYS! ARE YOU LISTENING? I'M AVAILABLE.

Jimi75
January 7th, 2009, 03:10 AM
What a great package. Richie Kotzen is one of my favourite players, singers and songwriters. I hope they do come to Germany, too! That would be ahhhh so great and I would buy the tickets striaght away.

Katastrophe
January 7th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Wow, I hope they come to Texas. If I can round up the money, I'm going.

My next post in the "For Sale" section: Kidney for sale, will trade for Lynch, Kotzen and Gilbert tix.

marnold
January 7th, 2009, 09:13 AM
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/guitargeneration

Andy
January 7th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I'll have to keep a lookout for tour dates , the wife would probably be more psyched than I would, She's a big Gilbert fan and likes Kotzen, Lynch, Satriani,Petrucci ..all those virtuoso types.
We saw Kings x, Dream theater and Satriani in atlanta and she had a blast, had to be right in front of the stage the whole show, she was so enthusiastic that Mike Portnoy gave her> both< of his drum sticks ...lol.

it's kinda funny there were all the young crowd up front with a fist pumping 48year old lady right in the middle!:)