PDA

View Full Version : The joy of Pod

Mr Grumpy
January 6th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Since I moved into my new single guys apartment I have had to keep the volume seriously down (and make some space). Hence I had to sell the vox AD30 and the PEavey Nano valve (WAY too loud) and am discovering the joys of the Pod 2 I got to replace them. I usually play into headphones but sometimes use it into my Altec Lansing 2.1 PC speakers and its just the right level. Im still finding out stuff but loving the AC15, AC 30, bassman and marshall models, dont use the effects much except a bit of delay but they seem great too. add an FBV footswitch and Im set! This and the Toneport is all I need right now, though obviously the laptop has to be on first for that. Ive even sold the vox overdrive pedal, prob keep my other pedals though, love the Dan echo and coolcat and the dano distortion is great. Im really pleased I have got to grips with the pod at last, had it a few months but never really 'got' it til now. Maybe Ill practice more with all my new found free time :rockon:

Spudman
January 6th, 2009, 05:17 PM
The POD does sound great.
One thing I wish they would have done that Behringer did with the V amp is to allow an accessory input so that you can jam along with a CD. That's what makes the V amp more valuable to me for headphone jamming. If I have something to play along with then I'm likely to play longer versus the POD where it is just the guitar only.

Ch0jin
January 6th, 2009, 05:33 PM
No AUX input on the POD 2?
Thats a serious oversight!! My Pocket POD has one and it's always got my ipod plugged in for backing track goodness.

I think the PC interface is the same or similar to the one I use for the Pocket POD, but regardless, if you haven't already, check it out. It's a bit overwhelming at first, but there's loads of tweaking to be had there. I find it's easier to tune my amp models using the laptop playing guitar thru the POD at the same time, than using the POD controls themselves. Plus you can back up amp models you like and load ones you can download from the web.