PDA

View Full Version : New Garageband / iLife '09

sunvalleylaw
January 6th, 2009, 04:58 PM
The new Garageband that comes free with new computers and comes with the iLife suite of programs looks really cool. Check it out! http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/#lessons

The amph models and pedals, and how you tweak them, has all been re-worked so it is much more visual, and adjustments are made by turning virtual knobs, etc. The amph models look really cool. You can re-create "legendary guitar rigs", and tweak them with stompboxes, etc.

Also, they have a series of basic lessons that you can manipulate, slowdown, play along with, and record to. There are also artist lessons from Fogerty, Sting and others. And, you can put together a "Magic Garageband Jam" EDIT: the lessons appear to be very basic, but well done from what I can tell of the previews. Useful for beginners.

And, you can put together a "Magic Garageband Jam": ". . . turn your Mac into a full-screen stage with Magic GarageBand Jam. Assign instruments and styles to your guitarist, bassist, drummer, and keyboard player. Shuffle instruments randomly to instantly hear a new sound from your backing band. Create a custom mix using volume sliders or by muting and soloing any instrument. Quickly navigate to any part of the song using the new Arrangement Track, or just repeat your favorite part. When you’re happy with rehearsals, you can record right into Magic GarageBand."

Garageband is already a nice tool, and looks to be getting better all the time. :AOK:

Robert, according to a review I read, they fixed iMovie too.

"The other cool product is a new version of iMovie, Apple hope that the 09 version will be able to blow users away as they will all be able to use these new features. Phil (Schiller of Apple) admitted that they did something wrong with last year’s version of iMovie, but this year’s version will rectify that."

http://www.product-reviews.net/2009/01/06/2009-macworld-keynote-apple-introduce-iphoto-and-imovie-09/

Robert
January 6th, 2009, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I read about this earlier today. Might have to get iLife 09.

oldguy
January 6th, 2009, 05:33 PM
Hmmmmmm........ I'm doing well with my HP and Vista so far, but maybe when that big tax refund comes around this spring......???????????:whatever:

Jipes
January 7th, 2009, 04:13 AM
I really hope that they come up with a better iMovie because I had to stick with the old version the new one was not really "user friendly". As for the GB thing I use it only for quick projects I still prefer to work with Pro Tools LE

SuperSwede
January 7th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I love Garageband so this upgrade will be essential for me.
The new guitar amp sim looks interesting!

Cottonwood King
January 9th, 2009, 01:30 AM
I've been loving garage band so far, we'll have to see about this version. I actually record with garage band right now for all my rough demos, you can actually get a decent sound for a free (relatively) program!