PDA

View Full Version : Herringbone funk jam

Robert
June 29th, 2006, 09:44 PM
http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-14.php

Messed around with this funk groove I found on another forum. Fun to play over! With this kind of stuff, you can play pretty much anything scale/arpeggio wise - as long as you end your idea on notes that belong to the key, it can sound pretty cool. :R

SuperSwede
June 30th, 2006, 03:06 AM
It sounds great as usual Robert! It had a little Scott Henderson vibe to it :)

FrankAxtell
June 30th, 2006, 03:15 PM
Yeah man...I heard those Scotty Henderson lick right away! VERY NICE:)

Robert
July 4th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks! It was a fun groove to play over. It would be fun to hear some other fretter play over this.

SuperSwede
July 4th, 2006, 10:24 AM
I would like that backing track Robert, do you have a link for it?

Robert
July 4th, 2006, 11:16 AM
It's here - http://www.eddegenaro.com/Anton/HerringboneBT.mp3

SuperSwede
July 4th, 2006, 12:33 PM
Haha... I downloaded it and recorded a take right away... :)
I also had a hard time hearing the backing track, so mine is also full of bad timing. I really havent played this kind of jazz much, but it is fun to play with distorsion once in a while!
I ran out of ideas very quick so I tried a familiar melody.. it became... well listen yourself :D

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=492694

Katastrophe
July 4th, 2006, 04:33 PM
It seems there is no end to the versatility of the Squier '51... Great job, Robert! Cool phrasing.:DR :R

Which pickup were you using?

Swede -

The "Dallas" theme? That was awesome!:D

Robert
July 4th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks Kat! I think I used mostly the humbucker on the coil tap.

SuperSwede
July 5th, 2006, 02:53 AM
Kat - Yes the old dallas theme! :)

Robert - That ´51 sure does the coil tap thing good!

Tim
July 5th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Hi SuperSwede – Personally I think you did a good job improvising on Herringbone BT. You are being too hard on yourself. Ok, the volume was a little low, but I think the solo was very nicely done. I wish I could improvise as well as you. I am working on it.

Justaguyin_nc
July 5th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Way nice Robert... and swede... Liked watching the Video Robert.. and seeing the concentration you put into it... thanks for the backing..

aeolian
July 5th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Robert and SuperSwede, two great pieces of playing! You guys should form a Super Group like they use to do in the 70s.

aeolian

SuperSwede
July 6th, 2006, 01:05 AM
Super Group? :D

Hmmm.. we would need name then, like "New Guitarists On The Fret (NGOTF) perhaps? ;)

Robert
July 7th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I just listened to it now - I can see J.R. Ewing having a scotch! Cool take, Swede, nice tone you got there. The B/W Tele?

SuperSwede
July 7th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Its the canadian guitar. Glad you liked it, it was the first take and I had a hard time hearing the backing (wasnt it slightly "blurry" ?)

Rob, dont you miss Kalles Kaviar? Im eating it right now on some knackebrod.. yummy :)

Robert
July 7th, 2006, 02:31 PM
We have IKEA here, so I can get Kalles Kaviar! I miss Messmör the most.

The Tonelab seems like a great product, your sound is sweet.

We need to get more people jamming on songs! Nelskie? It's your turn!

Justaguyin_nc
July 7th, 2006, 06:25 PM
We need to get more people jamming on songs! Nelskie? It's your turn!

Don't hold your breath Robert.. I been waiting 9 months for him to turn loose that Cyber-Twin and his new G&L... ohwell... (pokes Nelskie)

SuperSwede
July 8th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Robert, I am not a big fan of Messmör... Does IKEA sell knäcke as well?

Nelskie, I second Roberts request. Lets hear some of that a-how how how G&L music :)