PDA

View Full Version : I'm moving up in the world

pes_laul
January 6th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Well I was tired of being broke all the time so I decided to look for a job and being the lazy teen I am I looked for something cool. But I've decided on giving guitar lessons and so far I already have people who are up for it and I taught my first lesson today and made some money :) while it may not be that much it's a start. It's cool teaching younger kids the joy I get from music

street music
January 6th, 2009, 09:58 PM
Way to go PES! I like your self motivation, that can only make you a better player too, and think about all that GAS money.

Jipes
January 7th, 2009, 04:10 AM
Wish you luck and good time with your new job Enjoy the freedom :bravo:

oldguy
January 7th, 2009, 05:06 AM
Good for you, Kris! That's a cool job that both you and your student(s) can learn from, and some money along the way ain't bad either.:D

bigoldron
January 7th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Good going, Kris! I'm proud of you for taking the initiative to earn your own money instead of waiting on handouts from the parents. Too many kids today would rather do that. Things have changed a lot since I was a kid. Keep it up, Young Man! :AOK:

BTW, hold off on the Jonas Brothers lessons for a while, OK? :rotflmao:

evenkeel
January 7th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Very cool. Good on ya!! :bravo:

pes_laul
January 7th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Good going, Kris! I'm proud of you for taking the initiative to earn your own money instead of waiting on handouts from the parents. Too many kids today would rather do that. Things have changed a lot since I was a kid. Keep it up, Young Man! :AOK:

BTW, hold off on the Jonas Brothers lessons for a while, OK? :rotflmao:
oh haha wow this must be a new record: only like 4 posts until a jonas brothers joke:whatever:

sunvalleylaw
January 7th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Good on ya Kris! Way to be an entrepreneur!

bigoldron
January 7th, 2009, 10:44 PM
oh haha wow this must be a new record: only like 4 posts until a jonas brothers joke:whatever:

Don't sweat it, Kid! We pick at you 'cause we like you. You seem to be fine young man and now, you're earning your own money, so that's AOK in my book! :AOK:

Let us know the results of the talent show! :dude:

aeolian
January 7th, 2009, 11:20 PM
This is great! This is an opportunity to learn something yourself in case they ask you something you don't already know.

Squireman131
January 9th, 2009, 07:41 PM
nice job, some friends of mine want me to give em lessons but i doubt i could charge em. So i got a interview next Wednesday for a audio video/setup job at a rec center/restaurant

peachhead
January 9th, 2009, 07:54 PM
That is excellent! I need to save this post and let my kids read it when it's time for them to get a job. :D

Squireman131
January 16th, 2009, 09:46 PM
got the job i interviewed for Wednesday. the interview wasnt really that hard which was nice for my first time. hopefully ill start soon so i can get some money.

bigoldron
January 17th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Good job, Squiredude! You and Pes are both to be commended! :bravo:

just strum
January 17th, 2009, 12:46 PM
got the job i interviewed for Wednesday. the interview wasnt really that hard which was nice for my first time. hopefully ill start soon so i can get some money.
Xl6NfQyNLto