PDA

View Full Version : Wreck Me Baby

Robert
January 6th, 2009, 11:31 PM
I made a blues backing track tonight. This one will be covered on my Blues DVD, or at least that is the plan right now. It will show how to play the 2 rhythm parts, as well as some lead ideas.

Wreck Me Baby (http://www.box.net/shared/7bf0k30nsl)

Please let me know what you think of the overall quality. I didn't spend much time on details such as great drum programming and dynamics. I figure as practice tunes, they might be okay like this.

What do you think?

sunvalleylaw
January 7th, 2009, 07:48 AM
I really like it myself. Sounds collab/jamworthy!

Jimi75
January 7th, 2009, 08:33 AM
Sound pretty good to me. But was there also bass on it?

Robert
January 7th, 2009, 08:38 AM
Thanks, yes there is bass on it. Can't you hear it?

Is there overall volume too low?

slow&alive
January 7th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Hi Robert,

The simplicity is blues-beautiful, the instruments sound fine, and it is a great platform to play from.

Yes, the bass could come up just a fraction (it's almost where it should be, but just a little more prominence would do the trick...it is so good!).

Your "Wreck Me Baby" is an excellent BT! Great job--and thanks!

PS The bonus "Rock Me In Texas" BT right after it is sweet too! I always did like "two for ones"! :bravo:

Jimi75
January 8th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Thanks, yes there is bass on it. Can't you hear it?

Is there overall volume too low?

Well, bass could be a little louder in the mix.

Blaze
January 8th, 2009, 01:36 PM
If you guys would like it , i could ad an organ backing track on this pattern sometimes next week if you want to do a collaboration jam.. For fun !

Blazes :R

sunvalleylaw
January 8th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Yeah, let's use this backer and make a great collab! I personally think some organ would be a nice addition. A good old school sound. But it is Robert's backer, so I defer to him. :)

Robert
January 8th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Yeah sure thing, but let me improve the drums a bit this one first.

SuperSwede
January 8th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Nice BT Robert! Thanks for sharing :)

You should turn up the bass a notch or two.

Robert
January 11th, 2009, 10:02 PM
I updated the track - increased the overall volume, cranked the bass a bit and added some drum fills and cymbals. Thoughts?

http://www.box.net/shared/static/7bf0k30nsl.mp3

sunvalleylaw
January 11th, 2009, 11:13 PM
Hmm, my untrained ear leans toward the less bassey mix. I think the drum fills and cymbals sound nice. Just my honest .02. Thanks for working on it.

Robert
January 15th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Feel free everyone to grab this one and record over it. A collaboration piece!

I can make it much longer if you guys want. Just tell me how minutes, and I'll just extend it.

SuperSwede
January 15th, 2009, 10:40 AM
Sounds great :)

helliott
January 15th, 2009, 03:28 PM
Sounds great. Like the second version, but can't get it to come up in the usual boxnet display with the easy download click option.
We could do a collaboration with different people taking a slot. It's 4:25 now, maybe double that, and anyone who wants to take a one-minute or so slot?

Robert
January 15th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Go here. http://www.box.net/shared/7bf0k30nsl

I can make 8-10 minutes if you want. I'll let you guys know when it's been uploaded.

Oh by the way, my friend Myra (who is a great vocalist) is adding some vocals to this tune and we're making it into an original. I'll definitely try and make a bit more professional at that time, and less backing-tracky, so to speak.... :)

helliott
January 15th, 2009, 03:54 PM
You might want to wait to see if there's any interest in doing this sort of collab other than from me. If there isn't, people can just record over the shorter version.

Vihar
January 25th, 2009, 01:44 AM
Great backing track, but it's got too much guitar already IMHO. I tried to solo over it and the two rhythm guitars got in the way.
My suggestion is, if you want to turn into something more professional, you might consider replacing at least one of the guitars with an organ or piano or lose it completely, and turn the other one down, too.
Other than that, it sounds tight! I especially like the bass. Thank you for posting it!

Robert
January 25th, 2009, 07:46 PM
It's not supposed to be something professional, just a practice track. I could of course upload a version where the main guitar theme (both guitars) is only for first 12 bars, then a bunch of bars with only the "back beat" rhythm guitar, and then end the whole thing again with the same 12 bars as the beginning. Would be more fun to solo over.

Thanks for the feedback Vihar!

Robert
February 21st, 2009, 11:40 AM
I made an update to this track. I have the "theme" guitar only on the first 12 bars and the last 12 bars. Other than that, it's just one rhythm guitar, drums and bass so you guys can wail all you want! :dude:

Lemme hear you wail on this!