PDA

View Full Version : Trower - Bridge of sighs

Jimi75
January 9th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Wanted to post some Trower. Great sound, great song, great guitarplaying, smoking outfit ;_)

I never felt like Trower is a Hendrix clone. Sure Hendrix is his number one influence, but Trowers songwriting and stlye is way different.

.....enough talkin'.......enjoy the video.

wtr9QbaZmTk&feature=related

duhvoodooman
January 9th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Wanted to post some Trower. Great sound, great song, great guitarplaying, smoking outfit ;_)

I never felt like Trower is a Hendrix clone. Sure Hendrix is his number one influence, but Trowers songwriting and stlye is way different.
Great tune, one of my two or three favorites of his. I can even play along with most of this one! :eek: :D

I agree with you--the "Hendrix clone" rap he takes is largely undeserved. Sure, there are parts of his tunes that sound eerily like Jimi, especially when he gets that distortion + Univibe thing working. But overall, he has his own style of playing & writing, as you said.

And let's not forget to give a nod to James Dewar, an incredible & very underrated singer!

Andy
January 9th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Big Trower fan myself, I feel like Trower took a part of Hendrix and ran with it same goes for , frusciante , srv and many others.

Blaze
January 9th, 2009, 09:06 AM
I guess we can call him Mr. Univibe

Great tone , awesome playin ...