PDA

View Full Version : New tubes WOW

Mark
July 1st, 2006, 03:09 PM
Again because of this site I went bought something......theres a trend here I think? You guys know Ive have a Blues Deluxe RI for about a month now and it sounded good but I figured Ill try some higher quality JJ tubes to see if there really do make a difference. So here is the email I sent Jay at eurotubes they were great in recommending a good set and it took two days and I had tubes in hand. I still cant believe the difference these tubes made for $60.00 its like having a new amphillatonerator, yea that is a word...well at least in my world it is LOL.

Well I just put in the tubes you sent me for my Blues Deluxe. I was hoping by replacing the factory groove tubes Id see a little improvement, but I was apparently wrong. This is now a completely new AMPH!!!! If fact it is now a Blooze DeeLuxx!!! Damn what a difference I don’t know if I maybe had a weak original set or if your tubes are that much better. Either way the only way to describe it is its just all around warmer with a real fullness in all the tones and very responsive to my picking. I really am amazed because I wasn’t expecting a night and day difference, an improvement yes but not as drastic as what I’m hearing right now. Also your help and quick replies plus fast arsed shipping make doing biz with you guys a pleasure. Well thanks again especially Jay for the advice Ill only be getting tubes from you guys from now on and Ill be spreading the word on what a class act you guys are! See ya next tube change!

Tone2TheBone
July 1st, 2006, 06:29 PM
Mark - I love the JJ tubes in my Classic 30. The tone is just as you described.

Nelskie
July 1st, 2006, 07:48 PM
Glad to hear that the J & J tubes worked out well for you, Mark. I know there's a lot of Fretters who use them in their amps, with excellent results. If you've read some of my posts, you'd know that I have J & J's in both my Classic 30, and in my Valve Jr. They're fantastic tubes, with superior tone. The guys at Eurotubes do a great job on the customer service end of things, and I think that's another big reason why so many players use them. I know you'll see my name on their customer comments page, along with some glowing remarks.

As for night and day difference - I couldn't agree with you more. My Classic 30 really came alive once I re-tubed it with J & J's. It's an absolutely down n' dirty tone machine now. A how, how, how . . . ;)