PDA

View Full Version : Lucinda on Austin City Limits

Steve206
January 10th, 2009, 10:23 AM
The show comes on at 12:oopm down here. I did not know that it was to be Lucinda. Tuned in, in the middle of the first song and got a creepy feeling all over me.

Has she gone through some kind of illness? Minor stroke? She had a table at her side with the sheet music/lyrics spread out on it. She kept looking down at the table as she was singing. Like I said, I started to feel sorry for her.

Steve

tot_Ou_tard
January 10th, 2009, 01:57 PM
The show comes on at 12:oopm down here. I did not know that it was to be Lucinda. Tuned in, in the middle of the first song and got a creepy feeling all over me.

Has she gone through some kind of illness? Minor stroke? She had a table at her side with the sheet music/lyrics spread out on it. She kept looking down at the table as she was singing. Like I said, I started to feel sorry for her.

Steve

I don't know, but I wish her well.

snoglobe
January 10th, 2009, 02:54 PM
I only watched a few minutes of it.

It felt like a slow motion train wreck.

oldguy
January 10th, 2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.lucindawilliams.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=716

Apparently she's always used cheat sheets 'cause she can't remember the words to her own songs. And she was more and more exhausted as the tour wound down.

Tone2TheBone
January 11th, 2009, 12:08 AM
I saw her twice last week on ACL and I guess I didn't notice the scene mentioned. I dug the show though I thought the music was great.

oldguy
January 11th, 2009, 03:11 PM
I didn't get to see the show Tone........PBS hasn't had it on here yet.
I didn't mean my post as an insult to her either, before someone interprets it that way.
The link I posted referred to her always having lyric sheets w/ short notes w/ key changes and such on them.