PDA

View Full Version : New demo I wrote.

Cottonwood King
January 10th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Hey all, I have been starting to write some more music, and I used to write a lot of folk. Although I do love folk music, it doesn't leave too much in the way of guitar creativity, at least not for me (not to offend anyone, but maybe it was just the way I wrote folk).

Regardless, I wrote a new song, and have been trying out some more guitar writing, and wanted to know what you all think. You can hear it on my myspace: http://www.myspace.com/benjaminkrogh The song is titled "New Demo 122208"

Oh, and I know the effects on the guitar stink, I had to use my acoustic and set some effects up on the demo with garage band. My tele is coming soon!

Suhnton
January 16th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Good stuff, I really dig that kind of music. What did you you use to get that vocoder effect on the vox?

thearabianmage
January 16th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Very nice!

M29
January 16th, 2009, 06:10 PM
I liked that CK! Nicely done!

M29

Cottonwood King
February 2nd, 2009, 02:57 PM
Sorry for the late response, I used garageband, actually. I just recorded that in my apartment, with the built in mic on my Macbook Pro. Then, for a lot of those vocals, I just turned up the auto tune, and also used a filter. Nothing too special to be honest.

sunvalleylaw
February 2nd, 2009, 11:17 PM
I enjoyed that! I missed it before. Thanks for posting!

player
February 3rd, 2009, 01:09 AM
you were added to my myspace - Mark is the name

Cottonwood King
February 3rd, 2009, 07:41 AM
Cool, I'm glad you guys liked it. And Mark, friend request will be accepted.

Robert
February 3rd, 2009, 08:13 AM
Cool recording! Thanks for posting.

player
February 3rd, 2009, 11:44 PM
Thanks CK.listened to a few but now on can hear the rest without coming to this thread.Cool stuff I like it :D bet friends there will too