PDA

View Full Version : I couldnt help myself....

Mr Grumpy
January 10th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I had just sold my Peavey Nano Valve because it was too loud for my apartment. Then, I see a Behringer GM110 on ebay, the one amp I always regret selling as it always punched well above its weight and price tag, really good sounds. I tried, but I couldnt stop myself bidding and I won it..........

Still. Its useful cos it has the great analogue modelling, FX loop, headphone, XLR out etc etc. I know have a good set up for home, can fire my POD into the FX return or use it in the loop as an FX processor, stick some pedals in there, record from the XLR........

GAS. Its a ruthless master.

M29
January 10th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Congrats Grump, you will have some fun with that! All hail the GAS master:master:

Mr Grumpy
January 15th, 2009, 01:26 PM
:AOK: It arrived, one of the original prettier 'silverface' GM110's and I dialled in my fav settings from the last one (tweed/clean/US) gain about 1/3rd round, eq near enough flat (bit of boost on lows and highs). Lovely, sweet as I remembered. Great as plug and play, loves my cool cat distortion and dan-echo. Love my pod to bits but it is nice to plug and play.....:dude:

A veritable bargain and shall not leave me again. Time for a nice OD (the big ben had to go but I made double what I paid and it was a HUGE pedal, kept kicking the chicken head knobs too-Im thinking Digitech screamin blues) and maybe a holy grail reverb now......

Robert
January 15th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Never tried one of those. Congrats!

Blaze
January 15th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Went to listen , sounds great for modeling stuff..

JrcUaB0wtkw

Mr Grumpy
January 16th, 2009, 01:44 PM
Mine doesnt have the effects. Its a straight up single channel modeller 'influenced:rolleyes: ' by the Tech 21 trademark 30, without a reverb or active EQ. Plug and go.