PDA

View Full Version : Paul Rogers ,classic voice and still going

Andy
January 10th, 2009, 07:21 PM
In all these years,,I've never heard him hit a sour note.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMyv5fhLOLg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LMyv5fhLOLg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

just strum
January 10th, 2009, 07:26 PM
It must of been the songs with Free and Bad Company that turned me off, but I never enjoyed listening to him until he started singing with Queen. I think he does a hell of a job with them and I have appreciation for his voice that I never had in the past.

I can just assume that the songs sort of blocked me from really taking a close listen to him.

Spudman
January 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Paul made it into the Rolling Stone top singers article. I definitely love his voice. The article was kind of lame overall though in my opinion because Glenn Hughes didn't get mentioned. Glenn is "The Voice Of Rock." Come on folks! (sorry, rant over)

Again Rolling Stone is a big let down. That must be why I cancelled my subscription.;)

just strum
January 10th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Another one that I didn't care for most of the songs that he sang, but has a great voice is Burton Cummings. His singing of the chorus in Stand Tall is a good example.

bigoldron
January 10th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I've always enjoyed listening to him sing, ESPECIALLY when he was with Free and Bad Company. Paul has what is one of the all-time great rock-and-roll voices!

BTW, Spudster, what do you expect from a magazine that promotes the Jonas Brothers on its cover???

just strum
January 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I've always enjoyed listening to him sing, ESPECIALLY when he was with Free and Bad Company. Paul has what is one of the all-time great rock-and-roll voices!

BTW, Spudster, what do you expect from a magazine that promotes the Jonas Brothers on its cover???

I'm starting to think you have their posters in the room where you play guitar.:D

Spudman
January 10th, 2009, 11:51 PM

Paul is often referred to as "The Voice" and Glenn "The Voice Of Rock and Roll."
I expect the Jonas clan to be referred to as "The Voice Of Illness." I think I'll take a Rolling Stone magazine and a Jonas Bros. poster and head to the shooting range.

Tone2TheBone
January 11th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Driving around today I heard "Bad Company" (......again) but in retrospect I have to agree that he has always had that amazing R'nR voice that always brings me home. Cheers to Paul.

Spudman
January 11th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Paul's Muddy Waters tribute CD is very good. One of my favorites. Has Slash, Jeff Beck, David Gilmour, Brian May, Brian Setzer and many others on it. It was nominated for a Grammy too. Good stuff.

sunvalleylaw
January 11th, 2009, 11:16 AM
I like his voice a lot! Other "voices of rock and roll" for me are Roger Daltry, John Lennon, (sorry Paul), Robert Plant, and Joe Strummer. I'll throw Bono and Springsteen in there too.

bigoldron
January 11th, 2009, 01:24 PM
Paul is often referred to as "The Voice" and Glenn "The Voice Of Rock and Roll."
I expect the Jonas clan to be referred to as "The Voice Of Illness." I think I'll take a Rolling Stone magazine and a Jonas Bros. poster and head to the shooting range.

What Spud said. :saw:

bigoldron
January 11th, 2009, 01:25 PM
I like his voice a lot! Other "voices of rock and roll" for me are Roger Daltry, John Lennon, (sorry Paul), Robert Plant, and Joe Strummer. I'll throw Bono and Springsteen in there too.

All good ones, SVL! I'd like to add James Dewar who sang with Robin Trower to that list. He's an excellent underrated singer. Greg Allman and Ronnie Van Zandt also need to be on the list of all-time greats. :AOK:

R.B. Huckleberry
January 11th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Well my fellow Paul Rodgers fans:

You need to pick up "The Cosmos Rocks" by Paul & Queen. Great record!