PDA

View Full Version : 1st gig JTM45+OCD - review

Jimi75
January 11th, 2009, 08:56 AM
This friday I will record clips!

So last Friday was the first gig with the new amph, the Vox Wah and the OCD pedal that only arrived on that friday. Came home from work and had no chance to check the OCD. No risk no fun. I brought it with me to the gig and left the TS9 at home. It took me two minutes to reach tone heaven. The guitarist of the other band played a very expensive set up and I thought he sounded like Robben Ford, but he came to me and said he can't believe the sound of my set up. I offered him to play the gig through my amp. I set everything about 12 o' clock on the OCD, put it on HP mode which is more distortion and from there I only regulated all sounds with my volume poti. I can not believe how dynamic the OCD sounds. You go from totally clean to transparent crunch to creamy leads. The pedal sounds like an amp itself and I must admit, it is the best investment I have ever done in a pedal. The JTM45 is a loud monster so the mixer had some issues with my stage level. I ended with volume on 4 and I was soooooo happy that I bought this amph. I don't know what kept me away from this set up so many years and what made me buy other stuff. By the way, the Vox Wah sounds totally awesome, modded or not, this is what I understand under the perfect wah smack sound.
There were six persons after the gig that asked me about the stuff I play...wow, I am totally overwhelmed and I hope you don't take my review as pure showing off, it's just that I never ever felt so confident with my sound.

street music
January 11th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Congrats JIMI, that is what I always try to do after a show, that is if it's great sound. I think the player deserves as much of the good applause and remarks as the vocalist. Sounds like you really have it dialed in and when you get a sound all your own it stands out. :rockon:

mrmudcat
January 11th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Nice im glad you have found tonal bliss brother Jimi:bravo:

Robert
January 11th, 2009, 09:46 AM
That's great Jimi! Congrats on reaching Tone Nirvana! There's were we all hope our GAS will take us eventually... :)

sunvalleylaw
January 11th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Congrats Jimi! You don't sound like you are showing off, just excited, as you should be! I can't wait to hear more great recordings through your new rig.

ZMAN
January 11th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Jimi: I love to hear it when a purchase goes well. I have been extolling the virtues of the Fulltone pedals for a long time and I frequently get, "they are too expensive for me" yet I see guys go through pedal after pedal, modding them and if they looked at the outlay they could have bought the Fulltones.
I just love mine. I use either the Fulldrive II or the OCD both on Vintage mode.
Mostly blues so that fits perfectly. The fat boost just doe that it makes the sound fatter. An of course the Mini Deja vibe when I need vibe or chorus.
Ya just can't beat em.

bigoldron
January 11th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Congrats, Brother! You've found that mystical place called "Tone Heaven" or "Tone Nirvana" that ALL of us are looking for. From what I understand, there's no better feeling than being there. We all hope to achieve that some day, some find it, many don't.

Keep on rockin' Jimi! :rockon:

Spudman
January 11th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Brother Jimi gambles and scores! Congratulations on your success.

1 satisfactory stage down 29 more to go.:D What are you going to get next?

cherokee747
January 11th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Glad ya got it. It's nice when others tell ya you got it!! :AOK: Mike

Jimi75
January 12th, 2009, 02:12 AM
Thank you so much folks! Please do not forget that most of us here make their buying decision after dicussing gear and exchanging experiences about certain gear on the fret. So did I and it went well.

Well, if you ask what am I going to purchase next, I guess the Fulltone Deja Vibe and maybe the Electro Harmonix Holy Grail plus.

oldguy
January 12th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Congrats on a winning combination, Jimi!:AOK:

Blaze
January 12th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Well, if you ask what am I going to purchase next, I guess the Fulltone Deja Vibe and maybe the Electro Harmonix Holy Grail plus.

As i was writin an ad i saw this ,the guy is askin the best offer ..Never know..

http://quebec.kijiji.ca/c-acheter-et-vendre-instruments-de-musique-Electro-Harmonix-Holy-Grail-W0QQAdIdZ95620972