PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Edge Cans

tot_Ou_tard
January 11th, 2009, 09:25 AM
New headphones from Sennheiser. Too expensive for me, but I like the fact that technological innovations are still happening in the headphone industry.

This alien thinks that they look cool in a down-home back-woods kind'a way.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM09/Content/Sennheiser/PR/Sennheiser-Audiophile-HD-800-Headphones.html

just strum
January 11th, 2009, 09:42 AM
New headphones from Sennheiser. Too expensive for me, but I like the fact that technological innovations are still happening in the headphone industry.

This alien thinks that they look cool in a down-home back-woods kind'a way.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM09/Content/Sennheiser/PR/Sennheiser-Audiophile-HD-800-Headphones.html

They are nice, but I will have to hold off on rushing out to get a pair ($$$$). I have this thing about that type of item costing more than the guitar and amp I am using.

tot_Ou_tard
January 11th, 2009, 10:03 AM
They are nice, but I will have to hold off on rushing out to get a pair ($$$$). I have this thing about that type of item costing more than the guitar and amp I am using.
You are correct Strum. They are not for plugging into a modeler for practicing. They are for reference listening or for rich audiophiles. besides you held off rushing out to buy a $4 pick. ;)

I just like it when technology improves, sooner or later it makes its way downstream.

oldguy
January 11th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Be patient......Behringer'll have out a $140 cloned pair before you know it.

sunvalleylaw
January 11th, 2009, 11:18 AM
LOL, I couldn't help thinking about sharp edges on tuna fish and soup cans due to the title. I sure these are nice headphones. My needs are more basic though I suppose.

Spudman
January 11th, 2009, 11:22 AM
I might be interested in shelling out $1,400 for some headphones...if all my hearing was in tact. Guess I'll just have to save that money since I can't hear the difference anyway. Bummer, I was so looking forward to some new cans.;)

peachhead
January 11th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I have a set of Sennheiser wireless headphones that I use with my tv, and love 'em. But, ummmm...they were quite a bit less expensive. :eek: