PDA

View Full Version : Well I had the tubes out

Mark
July 2nd, 2006, 01:05 PM
Since I had the tubes and and it was 104 degrees here yesterday I went ahead and removed all the guts from my amp and layed three coats of Honey pine minwax to it. Letting it slowly bake in the hot Kali sun between coats to visual perfection. It now looks like it sounds, awesome! Got it all reassembled this morning...no blue smoke so I can now break in these new tubes.

link here

http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Bigredhog/?action=view&current=Tweedrefinish.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

Tone2TheBone
July 2nd, 2006, 04:35 PM
Yesss....golden tweed and oxblood grill....ahhhhhhhh. Very very cool Mark looks great!

Katastrophe
July 2nd, 2006, 05:49 PM
drooling .... too .... much.... *pzzzzzzzziiiinnngggggggg* computer.... shorting out........ *ZAP! POW!* Musssstttt...... fight...... GAS pains.........

:D

Very nice, Mark... Does the Minwax affect the amp's tone, or is it just for protection???

Mark
July 2nd, 2006, 06:46 PM
I dont get the impression it changes the tone at least not like the tubes did. If you couple the way it pleases my ears and now the way it pleases my eyeballs its just a win win situation. Im really happy with how it came out.

SuperSwede
July 3rd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Yeah! Real nice, I love tweed amps! :)

I would really like to get a fender tweed amp myself but it is WAaay over budget for me.