PDA

View Full Version : Peavey Vypyr Tube 120

Rocket
January 11th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Anyone physically seen or put the dangerous end of a cable into one of these phantoms yet? Of course Sweetwater shows "In Stock" but they don't really have one to sell. Pre-order or Backordered everywhere else.

sunvalleylaw
January 11th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Nope. Supposedly, the guy at Welch music down in Twin was going to get one for himself. That was a few months ago when he told me that (about when I got Derek's Vypyr 30 in September). I have not been to Twin lately or into that store. l plan on checking it out next time I get down that way.

Rocket
January 11th, 2009, 11:24 AM
It was hinted to me, (in confidence,) months ago that the "Tube" versions of the Vypyr were seriously flawed and may not even hit markets this year if the problems couldn't be addressed... apparently that hasn't quelled the marketing hype, (and pre-order blitz,) though.

Spudman
January 11th, 2009, 11:29 AM
My suggestion is to wait. Hartley Peavey in a recent interview hinted at something really revolutionary coming very soon from Peavey. I'd be patient and wait for the new thing if I were you. It sounds exciting.

bigoldron
January 11th, 2009, 01:40 PM
My suggestion is to wait. Hartley Peavey in a recent interview hinted at something really revolutionary coming very soon from Peavey. I'd be patient and wait for the new thing if I were you. It sounds exciting.

Spudster, I read that same article too and wonder what's up. I'm more concerned with Peavey in general right now, though. We ordered a 32 channel mixing board for the church back in September and my dealer STILL hasn't gotten it in. Says that Peavey's waiting until they get enough orders to warrant a manufacturing run. I'm beginning to think that's a crock of manure, but hey, who knows these days. I don't think Peavey (or anybody else for that matter) ought to be able to advertise a product for sale unless they can produce it in a reasonable amount of time. "Just in time" economics is one thing, but the shortages of the Peavey products (and other companies as well) is starting to go from the sublime to the ridiculous. :mad:

SuperSwede
January 11th, 2009, 01:47 PM
The Vypyrs are still not available in numbers here... my usual dealer couldnt even order them because no one knows when they will ship the larger versions

Rocket
January 11th, 2009, 01:57 PM
The economic crash has repercussions worldwide that affect production & manufacture deadlines because labor & spending cutbacks hit everything including exported product... but Peavey has been touting that Tube 120 since long before the fall of the markets.

Ugh!

Spudman
January 11th, 2009, 02:40 PM
Spudster, I read that same article too and wonder what's up. I'm more concerned with Peavey in general right now, though. We ordered a 32 channel mixing board for the church back in September and my dealer STILL hasn't gotten it in. Says that Peavey's waiting until they get enough orders to warrant a manufacturing run. I'm beginning to think that's a crock of manure, but hey, who knows these days. I don't think Peavey (or anybody else for that matter) ought to be able to advertise a product for sale unless they can produce it in a reasonable amount of time. "Just in time" economics is one thing, but the shortages of the Peavey products (and other companies as well) is starting to go from the sublime to the ridiculous. :mad:

Call Peavey yourself and ask about that unit. They have the BEST customer service...y'all.

piebaldpython
January 12th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm........Peavey was supposed to come out with their POWERSLIDE lap steel this year....they produced it, did a cool demo with it......and now over a year later, nobody's even seen one for sale yet. :confused:

Rocket
January 12th, 2009, 03:53 AM
I think Peavey may have borrowed US Music's 2007 marketing primer which is basically a rehash of Tucker Auto Marketing... see if your innovative crap would sell with only a demo unit before you commit resources to engineering & manufacture of anything more than a prototype... then see how long you can hold off production & distribution, (with lame excuses,) to whet demand.
By the time the end product gets to dealers, it's either obsolete or customers got too pissed-from-waiting to allow them their requisite filthy lucre, (or, in the meantime, global economy jumped from the penthouse window.)
Shrewd!

mrmudcat
January 12th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm........Peavey was supposed to come out with their POWERSLIDE lap steel this year....they produced it, did a cool demo with it......and now over a year later, nobody's even seen one for sale yet. :confused:

Yep was wanting to see this myself:thwap:

TS808
January 18th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I stumbled on this on ebay yesterday:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-Vypyr-Tube-120-Electric-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ260347163238QQihZ016QQcategoryZ 10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Rocket
January 18th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Yup, Sweetwater shows "In Stock" too, (in SW case doesn't really mean it actually is.)

1. I'm not really interested in buying one sight-unseen... I want to go plug in and physically try one out... see some actual customer reviews... not just manufacturers product hype.
2. I don't buy anything on eBay! It has become a wasteland of deception and thievery.

just strum
January 18th, 2009, 10:03 AM
2. I don't buy anything on eBay! It has become a wasteland of deception and thievery.

I hear they relocated their headquarters off the coast of Somalia.