Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Send Prayers, Good thoughts, Mojo, etc. to Brian Krashpad - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Send Prayers, Good thoughts, Mojo, etc. to Brian Krashpad

Post Thanks / Like

He is slowly improving as Tig states. His spirits are good. Perhaps I can nudge him to make an appearance here on theFret.

2. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    He's recovering from the last jaw surgery and appears to be doing better. I get his Instagram pic's and updates. I'm not sure if you can see anything without being a member, but here is his Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/krashpad/
    Thanks for the link, Tig. I am able to see the pictures. I'm following him now on Instagram. He seems to be making decent progress, but I guess I didn't fully grasp the extent to what he was going through. More prayers.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

4. Likes Tig*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update TIG yes I can visualize his pics without having an Instagramm account
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Tig for updating. I mostly see him on FB, and he seems to be continuing to progress and move forward.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link Rev,works good .
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates from Brian? No dates on the instagram pics....
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Krash is doing pretty well. I am FB friends with him. He still has procedures the "therapies" to go but he looks well, has aspirations and hopes to get back on stage playing his gits.

10. Likes Tig*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Please pass on continued good wishes to Krash for me\us here at the Fret.

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Per Brian, Crash Pad will be playing gigs soon. Woot!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

13. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's great news
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Hey guys! Thanks for your thoughts and concerns.

I had my jaw rebuilt in October, and then unfortunately the neck tissue was too fecked, sorry "not viable," to stay sewn together, so in November they took a piece of pectoral muscle from my chest and "flipped" it up into my neck. Most of the tissue there is doing fine, although one small spot hasn't quite healed completely-- a few weeks ago, I touched the wound thinking I was touching a scab and a tiny screw came out!

They thought they would have to go back in and take all the metal bits out, but I think the plastic surgeon got overruled by the ENT surgeon, and for now they have left everything in. The hipbone part they stuck in has begun fusing to the existing remaining jawbone, and it's not infected, so that's all good. They'll probably recauterize the wound with some silver nitrate when I go back (Mayo Clinic in Jax, FL, a couple hours from where I live) on April 28, unfortunately your neck twists and turns a lot and that makes healing up difficult.

We had a Crash Pad practice last Saturday, with 3 out of 4 members, and although my singing voice has become even further limited, I can still manage. Fortunately it's just punk rock and not opera, or we'd be fecked. Post-practice photo of the rig:

In addition to Crash Pad renewing, I recently talked my way into an Irish music band a friend and bandmate (from side performance-art band Bill Perry Orchestra) is in, O'Reilly & Co. I played a St. Pat's gig with them on ONE practice, haha!

So it's been a little rough but I'm hanging in there. Will try to contribute here more.

16. Likes Tig***, sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Brian - great to hear from you! Man, what a slog! Hope I could have half the courage, if it ever comes to me. Glad to see that you are playing - music heals! Keep on keeping on.

Best,

ted

18. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear from you Brian! Glad to hear you are doing better, and playing Irish music must be a good thing!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

20. Likes sunvalleylaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear from you, Brian! I've been stalking, er, following your progress on the Instagrams. I feel really bad that you had to go through all of this. I was thrilled to see that Krash Pad will be playing again, albeit with slightly more restrained guitar faces. Oh and kudos on picking up the Irish music gig although a St. Patty's gig with only one practice is WAY beyond my level of bravado.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Respect to you Crash! And all the best of course for the wounds to heal quickly! Great to see you still rock the scene down there in Florida :-)))
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi75 View Post
    Respect to you Crash! And all the best of course for the wounds to heal quickly! Great to see you still rock the scene down there in Florida :-)))
    Thanks Jimi!

Crash Pad played its first gig in over a year and a half on Friday night. A little sooner than I might've liked, on only 4 band practices after the hiatus. It was a benefit for a low-power local community radio station that a couple friends DJ at. Fortunately, we played a really good set, even debuted a brand new song.

Here's the backline (acoustic belongs to the opening act), albeit with the drums not yet located for the set:

A couple shots from the set:

24. Likes Tig***, tjcurtin1 liked this post
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, Brian. Great photos.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Go man, go! And STILL playin' behind the neck, no matter what else is happenin'

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast