Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Squier Strat coming....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Squier Strat coming....

Post Thanks / Like

Default New Squier Strat coming....

A couple of years back, I had a Squier Classic Vibe '60s Strat that I really loved, but ended up selling it when I bought an American Standard Strat (which I also love!). Been missing that CV '60s ever since, so I decided to pick up a new one in the Burgundy Mist finish--love the color and the matching headstock. Ordered it yesterday from Sweetwater--those guys are GREAT to deal with! My plan is to convert it to an H-S-S pickup configuration, since I already own two S-S-S Strats. I'm pretty sure the body is routed to take a humbucker at the bridge--at least, the 2008 model I owned was routed that way. I'll find out for sure when it's delivered on Friday. It'll also need a new pickguard, obviously. Will probably go with a pearloid of some kind.

My Sweetwater sales rep, Nick, sent me these pics of the actual guitar I bought. Pretty cool!

DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats.......looks cool.

Post Thanks / Like

NGD for you NGD for me ! Happy NGD

Post Thanks / Like

One of my favorite colors! Congrats on this beautiful instrument. I have a CV Tele and like the quality of the instrument very much.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Looks cool, but they call that "burgundy" mist? Looks more like lavender mist to me. I'll be interested in your report on it.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marnold View Post
    Looks cool, but they call that "burgundy" mist? Looks more like lavender mist to me. I'll be interested in your report on it.
    Yeah, I had much the same reaction. You never know what kind of lighting that a series of photos was taken under, so we'll see what it actually looks like when it arrives. I expected something more like this for "burgundy mist":

FEE0501bodft.jpg

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty flashy new color - like the matching headstock; I hadn't seen these. It'll look great with the pearloid pg. And we all know what nice guitars the CV's are...! Congrats!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman View Post
    Yeah, I had much the same reaction. You never know what kind of lighting that a series of photos was taken under, so we'll see what it actually looks like when it arrives. I expected something more like this for "burgundy mist":

FEE0501bodft.jpg
    Yep. That one I would definitely classify as burgundy.

Part of me feels I should turn in my man card for using the word "lavender".
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

9. Likes Tig*** liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The color is just awesome happy for you !
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

That ain't burgundy. How about "lilac"? Though I still think you may have to turn in your MAN card for using it. haha

Post Thanks / Like

Well, whatever you want to call it, I like it, since purple (in many shades) is my favorite color. In fact, I like it better than the "real" burgundy mist, though that would be fine, too. But from looking at several photos on different web sites, the more purple version appears to be the accurate depiction of the color Squier is using. Here's a shot from a UK website--a little darker, but the same basic color:

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty funny. My wife just decided to take up the guitar and ordered one of these today. I agree that it's pretty sweet! Congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Does anyone read the original post?
    Guitars: Gibson LP Studio, MIA Fender Precision, Carvin C350
    Amps: Genz Benz Shuttle 6.0 + Avatar B212 / Genzler 12-3, Acoustic B20
    Pedals: Pod HD500X, Diamond Compressor, Tech 21 VT Bass, Sonic Research Turbo Tuner

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa! Nice looking guitar. Since you dig purple so much were you a Donny Osmond fan as a child?
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

15. Likes Algonquin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stingx View Post
    Whoa! Nice looking guitar. Since you dig purple so much were you a Donny Osmond fan as a child?
    I'm 7 years older than Donny, so....not so much!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

17. Likes petegnj, stingx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My first bike in the 70s had a sweet metallic purple finish with chopper handlebars. I miss that bike.

Post Thanks / Like

Got the new CV Strat on Friday and played it on & off all weekend. It's AMAZING how good of a guitar you can cop for $350 these days. Sucker was ready to play right out of the box, which I think is probably a testament to the checkout by the good folks at Sweetwater. I had to adjust the height on one saddle, but the set-up was otherwise right on the mark. Plays like butter and the pickups just drip vintage Strat tone.

I won't bother posting any photos (yet), since the guitar looks just like the ones above that Sweetwater sent me. But I've ordered a DiMarzio Air Norton humbucker for the bridge and a custom H-S-S pickguard from Warmoth, so the guitar will be looking--and sounding--quite different in a few days....

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

My first bike in the 70s had a sweet metallic purple finish with chopper handlebars. I miss that bike.
    It's a chopper, baby.
    Soundcloud - Lights on Project

-Pete

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HNGD, DVM. I like the Sweetwater photo's color, and I'm not even a big purple fan. As far as online stores go, Sweetwater is my favorite.

I had the same bike, or close to it!
    Guitar: Gibson SG Standard Natural Burst, Squier CV 50's Tele, Hell Guitars No. 2, Squier CV 50's Strat, Reverend Club King 290, Taylor 522e 12-Fret mahogany,
    Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Bass Short Scale
    Amp: Fender Super Champ X2 Head, Egnater Tweaker 15, Fender Mustang I, Acoustic B20 1x12 bass amp
    Pedal: Budda Budwah wah, Wampler Ego Compressor, Electro-Harmonix Soul Food, Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive, Wampler Velvet Fuzz, Seven Sisters Eve Tremolo, TC Electronics Gravy Tri Chorus & Vibrato, Catalinbread Echorec, TC Electronic Alter Ego 2 Delay, Hardwire Supernatural Ambient Verb, MXR Carbon Copy, Catalinbread RAH, Big Muff Pi with Tone Wicker, BYOC Mouse 2.0 Distortion, BYOC Boost/OD-2

22. Likes Duffy liked this post
    Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks cool! Those are great guitars for the price too.
    Now you can play some Prince tunes!
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

24. Likes Duffy liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast