Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Epiphone Slash Gold top anyone tried it?

Thread: Epiphone Slash Gold top anyone tried it?

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Epiphone Slash Gold top anyone tried it?

I am looking for a gold top LP for my collection. The Slash model looks like a nice item that could be had for under a grand. I was wondering if anyone has tried one yet, or even purchased it.
    I saw one last year before the newer issue, and it had a pretty nice chunky neck.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess there aren't many out there. Oh well.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I haven't seen one ZMAN but would be interested in trying one out - I do love a nice GT - but I'm not sure if I could live with having 'Slash' on the headstock.
    - Lev

Main Guitars: Fender US Deluxe HSS Strat, PRS SE C24, Fender Baja Tele
    Bass Guitar: Squier VM Jaguar Special
    Main Amp: Vox AC15
    Main Effects: Digitech EXP-7, Line6 M5, Soul Food, Sub n UP, Flashback, Polara Verb
    Vids: www.youtube.com/levguitar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ZMAN
    I guess there aren't many out there. Oh well.
    Probably just not that many folks willing to drop a grand on an Epiphone LP, Slash model or not.
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the Web site and clicked on the picture of Slash and got quite a good write up with the specs etc.
    It has a lot of good things going for it. It will however go against my buy North America resolution.
    I am really looking for a Gibby but I would settle for the Epi. Seymour Duncan pick ups, long tenon neck, beefed up electronics. The neck profile is a little chunky, plus it includes a harshell case. The only thing that says slash is the truss rod cover and that is minor.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

Brother im after a goldtop also either the carvin cs4 or a gibby standard for alot more They(Gibson) have atleast got up to speed on using tone pros and the plekking on the neck is worth some coin.Also I like the traditional a bit better with the 57's and cheaper.You look like you know your gibby's the traditional has better pups in my opinion love the 57's,non chambered body and cheaper than a standard

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...ar-?sku=519336

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/p...tar?sku=519319

https://www.carvinguitars.com/catalo....php?model=cs4
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

I checked with my shop and apparently there were a limited number of Epis Slash models brought into Canada and they were all spoken for before they got here.
    I have a line on a 2002 Goldtop Classic. I might just pull the trigger. It is a low enough price that I could change to a set of 57s . I do like the slim taper neck. It would also have the weight relieved (not chambered) body as well.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Brother im after a goldtop also
    I am in there with you. See my "design your own" LP in Jimi75's post. I think I would like me some Vintage Hot PAF's installed, in zebra. I have one already, that I bought from Tone a long time ago.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

My Goldtop has to wait. My wife brought me back to earth with the fact that there is a Florida vacation lurking in the wings and the current exchange rate is 1.28 Can. for every US buck. So I will look again in March when we are home. I really liked your build SVL. I would prefer the covered 57s in it though.
    Also what other guitars, LP style are there out there. I know of the Epi but it has the P90s, and the Carvins but I am sure there are other ones I might take a look at. When I google Goldtops all I get are Gibsons.
    Last edited by ZMAN; January 17th, 2009 at 08:49 AM.
    The Blues is alright!

Post Thanks / Like

the ESP/Edwards is worth every penny In my opinion,easily right up there with a high end Gibson. they pop up fairly often

http://cgi.ebay.com/Made-in-Japan-Ne...QQcmdZViewItem
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

What do you know, I tried a link on an old site where Lev had purchased the Lemon Drop. I checked with the Canadian supplier for Vintage Icon guitars and they have a GT in stock.
    http://www.jhs.co.uk/vintageelectric.html
    Scroll down to the V100 GT and listen to the clips.
    The Blues is alright!