Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Washburn EA20

Thread: Washburn EA20

Post Thanks / Like

Default Washburn EA20

The addition of the D46 SCE has prompted me to off load my EA20. She's just not getting much use and I am a bit overstocked on natural top dreadnaughts.

Here are a few pics.

I'm thinking $150 and I'll cover the shipping. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll go into greater detail.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

Could you go into greater detail here? I know nothing about them & so I don't yet know if I'm interested. I think that I may be.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

The EA20 is a sweet guitar Tot. CB's got one that she bought from Strum. It's a thin bodied guitar, so unplugged the sound can take a little getting used to. But I know that Dreadman, who also has one, really likes the way it sounds unplugged. Plug it in and it becomes a power house.

Solid wood top, laminated back and sides. I believe the top is spruce and the back and sides are maple, but I'll defer to someone else on that.

Oh, and $150.00 is a helluva a price.

I'm Shiner, and I approve this guitar.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyshiner

I'm Shiner, and I approve this guitar.
    I'm Strum and I approve Shiners endorsement.

Another regrettable sale that now resides at the Shiners house.

Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    Another regrettable sale that now resides at the Shiners house.
    One might reasonably think that you'd have learned by now. One would be wrong, of course, but one might reasonably think that.... :
    DVM's Ever-Expanding Gear List:

Guitars - W-A-A-A-Y-Y too many to list. Check 'em all out HERE

Amps & Cabs - "Kap'n Kerrang-aroo" BYOC 18W TMB kit amp head; Mojave Coyote head; Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Lacquered Tweed Ltd. Ed.; Allen Sweet Spot kit amp; BYOC Tweed Royal kit amp; Epiphone Valve Jr. combo + mods; Drive 2x12 cab / Celestion G12M Greenback + G12H30; AB Custom Audio 1x12 cab / Celestion Alnico Blue

Pedals/Effects - ZILLIONS, including DVM's Home-built Pedals - See some HERE and HERE, TOO!

DVM's Gear Photos
    Visit MY WEBSITE!

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by duhvoodooman
    One might reasonably think that you'd have learned by now. One would be wrong, of course, but one might reasonably think that.... :
    I was telling someone at work today that those regrets are due in part because you forget why you sold that guitar. In most cases it was to get another "I have to have it" or "it's a great price, I can't let it slip away".

This EA20 of keel's is falling under "it's a great price, I can't let it slip away"

Maybe Robert will buy it for me:
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

I thought that most people like the sound of unplugged acoustics more than piezos, but made due with them due to stage volume need. I don't need stage volume.

Do these sound good through an electric guitar amp or do you need an acoustic amp?
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Do these sound good through an electric guitar amp or do you need an acoustic amp?
    I've played CB's through both and to be honest, I can't tell the difference. Oh, and you don't have to play it at stage volume to hear her open up when plugged in.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Could you go into greater detail here? I know nothing about them & so I don't yet know if I'm interested. I think that I may be.
    Ok.
    Washburn EA 20N, Festival series. Serial # 92800526.

Top on this guitar is "Select" spruce top, mahogany back/sides/neck, oval soundhole, bound body, three-stripe rosette. This means laminated, Shiners has a solid wood top.

14/21-fret rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlay. Bound neck.

Matching headstock with three-per-side Grover diecast tuners.

Rosewood bridge with pearl dot white pins, acoustic bridge pickup, standard 1/4" plug and a balanced XLR jack. Equis II electonics.

This guitar has been played out and has a few minor bumps and dings to prove it:

Note following photo of the back side of the neck. Small finish ding on the bass side, about the 4th. fret. Repaired and refinished. Visible but completely smooth.

Note pic of the upper bout. Two small dimples on the edge.

Note bridge pic. A previous owner had shaved the small plastic saddle pieces way to far, then shimmed them back up. Bad idea. These new "chicklet" style saddle pieces I cut from bone. Action is terrific. 3/32" at the 12th. fret low E string. Probably the easiest playing acoustic I've ever had in my hands. Feels more like an electric in many ways. Think Les Paul w/o the weight.

The case is not original, but it's a very good case and fits the guitar well.

Guitar will be shipped via FedEx ground. Well packed and boxed.
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

It has character.

tot, you can tell people that the dings came about when you were opening up for Paul Simon.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Dings don't bother me in the least. It sounds like a nice guitar at a great price, but I think that I'll pass for now. I'm busy getting to know my Godin 5th Avenue & what I really want is an extension cab. I was very tempted however.

Good luck evenkeel!
    I pick a moon dog.