Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Calling all Lesmeisters! - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calling all Lesmeisters!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    I been relooking at yours Warren and I really love that green color and the black pups and pickguard. Have a name for it yet?
    yea...i love the green color too....here is a closeup that shows the dark grain pattern of the wood...ties in nicely with the black pickguard and p100's.

Haven't given it a name yet...but it is definately my number one. I played it through the valve jr. yesterday and it sounded great (i have been playing it through my classic 20).....

and yes ss....conner asks to play it all the time...i let him play it a little

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Not a Gibson, but this is the Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul from 1974 that I unfortunately sold a couple of years ago... It had a maple neck which gave it a slightly different sound than the rosewood variants.
    Swede - What a cool guitar! From the photo, it appears to have an abalone binding on the top. Am I correct? Looks like solid mahogany, too. The maple neck, surprisingly, looks right at home on that guitar. Set neck, I'm assuming. From what I understand, these guitars also have some collectability. Why did you part with it?

Post Thanks / Like

Tone, that LP of yours has a mojo level that can't be measured. That's just way too cool to have an instrument with that kinda history.

Thanks for sharing, man!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

Nelskie - Yes it had a set neck, and abalone binding was a correct guess as well. I dont know what wood it was, but I think it was mahogany. However, it wasnt totally solid, it had some kind of tone chamber (you could knock on it and hear that) , but it was not visible from the pickup/controls cavities.
    They (Ibanez) built really nice copies in the first years (72?-75), but they were sued by Gibson (thats why LP´s from that period is called lawsuit copies) and had to change their headstock design.

It was a really nice guitar, and those Ibanez super 70´s pickups was really awesome.. so why did I sell it? Well I was piss poor when my oldest girl was born so I needed the cash (and I got paid well for it). I also sold my Gibson LP (sorry no pic of that) a few months later. I think that at least a few of you guys here have similar experiences....

Tone - I havent seen any cream colored lawsuit LP´s , did it also have the super 70´s pickups ? If it had those it would have been a "custom" and those are the ones to look for, the standard versions had two rather sub-standard pickups.
    Your LP really looks fantastic!! Another 20 years and the relicing will be complete
    Last edited by SuperSwede; July 9th, 2006 at 07:58 AM.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Not a Gibson here...A 2000 SX SLPJr Les Paul clone. Solid mahogany, set-neck, two raunchy P90s. Refinished almost two years ago in clear lacquer (used to be really thick clear poly). Sound and plays great, especially with its huge frets.

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT ??? A guitar lying on the ground! This is an outrage. Put that guitar in a cradle or stand where she belongs. Nice looking guitar there Kerc.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    WHAT ??? A guitar lying on the ground! This is an outrage. Put that guitar in a cradle or stand where she belongs. Nice looking guitar there Kerc.
    Hahahahaah! Thanks! Lemme assure you, I placed it carefully over the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice axe kerc!
    Must be a lot of bite in that one
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Nice axe kerc!
    Must be a lot of bite in that one
    I gotta record something with it soon.

Post Thanks / Like

My Gibson Les Paul is 20 years old today yay!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday to Tone2TheBone's Gibson Les Paul guitar. May she have many more gigs.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tone2thebone
    My Gibson Les Paul is 20 years old today yay!
    Congrats!!! Any pics?

EDIT: Saw the pics! Beautiful!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2003 Gibson Les Paul Junior, the one's they supposedly discontinued in '02. I love it, that P90 sound!

-Peace
    -Nate
    Main Rig - Reverend Wolfman > Korg Pitchblack tuner >Vox Clyde Wah > MXR HW Script Phase 90 > MXR 108 Fuzz > Diaz Texas Ranger > Nova Drive > VL Analog Chorus > ModTone Analog Delay > Vox Night Train > 60's Vox 2x12 (Scumback M75 and Hellatone 30)

Post Thanks / Like

Right on, Kerc. That Jr. is a beauty. I've always kind of looked at the Les Paul Jr. as Gibson's answer to the Telecaster. A real no-frills kind of rig, with loads of great tone. And like you, I'm waaaaaaayyyyy into the awesome sound of P-90 pick-ups, esp. in a Les Paul!

Here's a couple snaps of my Epiphone '56 Goldtop RI, with factory P-90's. I'd originally planned on swapping out the stock p'ups on this guitar, but the more I play it, the better those units sound. As a matter of fact, I might even say that they sound better than most of the aftemarket P-90 p'ups I've heard. Strange - but true.

Post Thanks / Like

The Epi Goldtop is so beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like

MMMmmm.. Goldtop..

Epiphone makes fantastic goldtop guitars, a little "green" just like a aged goldtop usually gets! Congrats Nelskie, do you have more amazing guitars to pull out of your hat?

Post Thanks / Like

... do you have more amazing guitars to pull out of your hat?
    Swede - I don't know if I'd go as far as to describe any one of my guitars as "amazing". To me, amazing is a vintage '59 Les Paul with all original hardware and electronics, or an unrestored early 60's Strat that has been naturally relic'ed from years of playing.

And no, nothing more to pull out of my hat. You guys have seen the whole "herd".

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, perhaps. But I still think the visual qualities on some epiphone guitars are as good as the "real" thing. And your goldtop certainly is among those. So I get "amazed" every time I see a guitar build with such craftmanship (even though I know that these guitars is mass produced). They just look gorgeous.
    Hmm.. what can I say, I love guitars

Post Thanks / Like

My 2001 Studio Plus. A great Les Paul that earns it's keep:

Please disregard my "ugly game face"...................

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast