Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vox Ac4

Post Thanks / Like

Default They're Here!!!

The Vox AC4TV amps are here and ready to ship:
    http://www.zzounds.com/item--VOXAC4TV

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds really good with P90´s in this clip:

I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. Thanks for relighting the GAS :
    Guitars Gordon Smith GS1.5-40, Peavey Generation EXP, Ovation Celebrity electro

Amps Behringer GM110

Effects Danelectro Blue Paisley pure drive, Danelectro Cool Cat CD1 Distortion, Danelectro Black Paisley liquid metal, Danelectro Cool Cat chorus(original 18v model), Danelectro Dan Echo delay, Line 6 Toneport GX,

Post Thanks / Like

Pie.....I can bet that Mrs. Kazz is going to want to have an audience with you really soon :-)
    Guitars: 2002 Les Paul Studio Limited Color's Edition | 2004 Greg Bennett Avion Les Paul Copy | S101 Telecaster project | 2004 Washburn D46 Acoustic

Amplification: Epiphone Valve Jr. Head and Cabinet | VOX AD30VT

Effects: Rocktron Delay | BBE Free Fuzz | Big Muff Pi | Boss Flanger | Bad Monkey | Jekyll and Hyde | Cry Baby Wah | Boss EQ | Behrenger TU300 Tuner |

Post Thanks / Like

Very sweet sounding. Thanks SS.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I want one, I bet that it would sound even better with a 2x12 cab.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Kazz.......I'll be more than happy to talk to your wife and explain that this lil Vox tube 4W amp is the perfect "bedroom" amp for setting the "right" mood (in part meaning that is isn't TOO loud).

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Vox

I considered getting one of these Vox bedroom type recording amps but an incredible chance to get a brand new Peavey JSX Mini Colossal intervened, which I was able to get for 175 US at a place closing out Peavey equip.

The JSX Mini Colossal is a five watt tube amp with a vintage tremolo and sounds incredible. It is usually quite expensive, like five hundred dollars. I lucked out.

It has an eight inch Weber speaker in it that sounds surprisingly good and has essentially two channels with the boost switch but is true class A. There is an extension speaker jack switchable to 4, 8, or 16 ohms and additionally a really good attenuator on the back. This amp is incredible for a bedroom amp and has an xlr direct out for recording, loop, etc. Very well built amp. Made in Meridian, Mississippi.

If you can spend the extra money I would consider it, try it out; the bloom when you incrementally increase picking force drives the amp into progressively greater distortion in a beautiful way. Very responsive and does this on the clean setting as well. Takes pedals very well. I play it every night.

I have yet to compare it to my Little Giant.

Duffy

Hope this gives you another option to consider, although quite steep in price. I got an astounding deal. Otherwise I would have waited to try the Vox.
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12