Thread: Tophat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tophat

Hey, any of you guy's play a Tophat Club Royale?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

I played one briefly in a music store. Nice amp from what I remember, but I like the Dr Z amps better personally.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Joek86, did you buy a Top Hat Club Royale? That name reminds me of that Tarantino movie, Pulp Fiction. "Quarter Pounder Royale" ...
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I did get the Royale, it's being shipped tomorrow and should be in my hands on Wed! I will report after I spend some time playing!

JK

Post Thanks / Like

I know that you guy's have heard this before, but I am blown away! Big, Fat and CRUNCHY..... Harmonics are incredible! Notes have seperation and definition and a Jangly clarity in clean and semi clean modes. No need for pedals, if you really need over the top gain, a booster such as my Xotic RC is awesome. Also, it is freaking loud for 20 watts! I don't know if it's the new deeper cab, but this thing sounds huge.

I can't wait to get it broken in,and also explore the controls...

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on the Top Hat! They are certainly nice amps. That RC Booster seems like a great pedal, I have heard a lot about it.

Tell us more about the amp as you get more used to it! Maybe you could post some clips when you get a chance?