Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy

Post Thanks / Like

Default New guy

Hello everyone. I'm new and looking forward to some good discussion here. I'm 32 and have been playing guitar for about 18 years. I started on the Classic stuff but now I play just about anything with the exception of heavy stuff. I've been in and out of bands over the years and currently am playing in a hobby band...hopefully to become more serious down the road.

I use a Nashville Tele with noiseless pickups (if you haven't already made that assumption by looking at my username) and an Ibanez AS73 as a backup. Amps, well I have a Marshall Super Lead Plexi which is way overkill for what I do, so it's just collecting dust right now. I use a Roland JC-120 most of the time, but I'm looking for a deal on a Blues Junior to get that tube sound back without blasting myself out with the Marshall. Various pedals, but my favorite is probably the Fulltone Fulldrive Mosfet.

Anyway that's my story. Glad to be here.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome & Bienvennue Crapster , you ll have fun in here ,nice gear you got there ..

We ve got some Marshalls fans here if you want to sell...

Blazes:
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!!!! Wanna sell the Plexi
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Send that Plexi to me and I promise I will dust it off for you.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I've thought seriously about selling it. But I'm kind of hesitant about selling it through mail. I've heard horror stories of rip off artists. Not accusing anyone here of course, just not a big ebay seller and such. How serious is anyone about it?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

How much are you expecting to get it for it?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the gang!!
    "The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic
    hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs.
    There's also a negative side."
    --Hunter S. Thompson

Guitars: Dean Sweet Wood 00R, Martin D2R, Guild D60, Guild D35NT, Morgan Monroe M30, OS baritone Uke

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure. I don't know what they are worth right now. I bought it new in 2000 and gigged with it maybe 4 times. It's been sitting in a cool dry basement. Had the tubes replaced about 8 months ago. Here are some image links.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...p/DSC02208.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...p/DSC02214.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

welcome tc....i love me some tele....wouldn't call them crap.... :
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by warren0728
    welcome tc....i love me some tele....wouldn't call them crap.... :
    Yeah, sorry about that. It's kind of an oxymoron. I've played guitars that cost thousands more than mine and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's definitely something special.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by telecrapster
    Yeah, sorry about that. It's kind of an oxymoron. I've played guitars that cost thousands more than mine and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's definitely something special.
    i figured it probably was.... :
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Robert your veins are getting bigger ...easy there brother! I am serious but not until march ...........Robert needs one now though!!!

Where are ya located????
    "I love being alive and I will be the best man I possibly can. I will take love wherever I find it and offer it to whoever will take it... seek knowledge from those wiser and teach those who wish to learn from me."
    "Develop your talent, man, and leave the world something. Records are really gifts from people. To think that an artist would love you enough to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."
    Duane Skydog Allman

You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself." - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Crapster. Heh, heh, love the name.
    Guitars and other stringed instruments: Washburn D10S, Washburn EA52SWCE, Washburn Cumberland J28SDL, Washburn D46S12, D'Aquisto Centura, Rover RM-50B Mando

Amps and Cabs: Behringer AT108, Firefly Tube Amph, Blackheart Little Giant BH5H, Shiner's Custom Cab v.1.0

". . . because without beer, things do not seem to go as well . . ." Brother Epp, Capuchin Monastery, Munjor, Kansas 1902

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome TC!
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome TeleC'ster !

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome Crapster!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrmudcat
    Robert your veins are getting bigger ...easy there brother! I am serious but not until march ...........Robert needs one now though!!!

Where are ya located????
    I'm in Omaha, NE. Not in a huge hurry to get rid of it because there is some sentimental value there. But I would like someone to get better use out of it than I. It's meant to be played LOUD. I'll be good with a 1x12 tube combo.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Tele! If you're looking for a good, cheap 1x or 2x tube combo, see if you can get one of the discontinued Crate V Series amps. They come in 18, 33, and 50 watt versions. I personally have one of the 18 watt 1x12 I got new for $145 and it is awesome!
    Guitars (All Lefty): Fender MIM Wine Red Telecaster
    Washburn D10SCELHBK
    Greg Bennett (Samick) Avion AV3/LH/CS
    Franken-Strat (Maple Neck / Black Body & Pickguard / 2-Point Tremolo / GFS Alnico Single-coil Pups / Gold Hardware)
    2 Fullerton Standard Strats; Sunburst w/ GFS Overwound P'ups and Black w/ GFS Lil Killer Rail 'Buckers
    Fullerton Deluxe Dreadnought
    Amp: Blackheart BH1HS Killer Ant Half Stack (Bitmo Ant Eater Kit)
    Crate V18-112 (Goodsell RGM Speaker / Accutronics Tank / Switch R4 - R10 Mod)
    Pignose G40V (Jensen MOD Speaker / DC Heater Mod / Pentode:Triode Switch)
    Fender Champion 30 Reverb (Accutronics Tank / Jensen MOD Speaker)
    Speaker Cab: Lopo 1x12 Tweed Convertible w/ Eminence GB128 Speaker
    Pedals: Korg ToneWorks AX1000G, AX5G, & AmpworksG Modeling Signal Processors
    Boss DS-1 (Rectifier Tri-Gain Plus Mod); CS-3 (Opto Plus Mod); SD-1 Super (GT Mod); GE-7 (Plus Mod)
    Fender PT-100 Tuner
    E.H. Big Muff Pi (US)
    S.D. Pickup Booster
    Ibanez CF7 Chorus/Flanger
    Alesis NanoVerb
    ART Tube MP Studio (OPA2604 Op Amps) (On Champion 30)
    Behringer NR100 & OD100

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm not allowed to post in the Buy/Sell/Trade board yet so I apologize for posting this here.

Regarding the Marshall SLP, I'd be willing to let the head go for $1200 and the cabinet for $400. Or both for $1500. Let me know if anyone is interested. Pics are in the above post.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast