Thread: Bridgecraft guitars

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bridgecraft guitars: Do any of you have any information about these?

Does anyone have any information on Bridgecraft guitars?

I stumbled upon an eBay store called The Frett Shop Discount Guitars who sells cool looking Strat copies for as low as $55 with shipping! The color choices include choices generally restricted to only high-end models such as transparent green, metallic blue, shell pink, etc. I'm very tempted to try one since they are so freakin' cheap!

One thing I’d like to note is that this is one of those sellers who uses what I call the “give away” selling method. That is, they sell their items for practically nothing so that if you are dissatisfied all they are required to refund you is the cost of the item, allowing them to keep the cost of shipping which is obviously way above its real cost. The seller may just be doing this to save people from wasting his time complaining about petty problems on such a low costing instrument, but I’ve been burned by a seller who did this to me a couple of years ago so I thought I’d mention it. I’m by no way saying this seller is dishonest – his eBay ranking is very good but I have to mention this since some of you may not be aware of this approach.

Still... for $50-$60 I think I’d be willing to take the risk. For the price of a cheap pedal you could get a really cool axe or part it out for the body alone!

-tremoloman

P.S. Louie's Juke Joint has some up-close pics you can check out. The finish quality on the headstock doesn't appear to be as good as my SX, but the bodies look amazing. The few reviews on Harmony Central stated the pickups, tuners, and bodies are of very good quality.
    Last edited by tremoloman; July 9th, 2006 at 01:02 PM.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix