Thread: Bridgecraft guitars

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bridgecraft guitars: Do any of you have any information about these?

Does anyone have any information on Bridgecraft guitars?

I stumbled upon an eBay store called The Frett Shop Discount Guitars who sells cool looking Strat copies for as low as $55 with shipping! The color choices include choices generally restricted to only high-end models such as transparent green, metallic blue, shell pink, etc. I'm very tempted to try one since they are so freakin' cheap!

One thing I’d like to note is that this is one of those sellers who uses what I call the “give away” selling method. That is, they sell their items for practically nothing so that if you are dissatisfied all they are required to refund you is the cost of the item, allowing them to keep the cost of shipping which is obviously way above its real cost. The seller may just be doing this to save people from wasting his time complaining about petty problems on such a low costing instrument, but I’ve been burned by a seller who did this to me a couple of years ago so I thought I’d mention it. I’m by no way saying this seller is dishonest – his eBay ranking is very good but I have to mention this since some of you may not be aware of this approach.

Still... for $50-$60 I think I’d be willing to take the risk. For the price of a cheap pedal you could get a really cool axe or part it out for the body alone!

-tremoloman

P.S. Louie's Juke Joint has some up-close pics you can check out. The finish quality on the headstock doesn't appear to be as good as my SX, but the bodies look amazing. The few reviews on Harmony Central stated the pickups, tuners, and bodies are of very good quality.
    Last edited by tremoloman; July 9th, 2006 at 01:02 PM.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

That is insane. How is it possible to make guitars that cheap?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

I know China has cheap labor rates, but you wonder how they can make a profit at such a low cost. High volume & low cost has always been a winner in the industrialized world.

I'm SO tempted to try one... I just want to wait and see if any of our members have any experiences with them before I take the plunge.
    "It's funny the way most people love the dead. Once you are dead, you are made for life." - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like

for that price if you hated it you could give it to a needy kid and make them happy...

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen 'em on the 'bay for a while, but have no experience with them. Still, if it is real wood they use on the things it could always be a beater, 'round the house guitar, or a test bed for new pups.

I wouldn't think there would be any kind of quality control on these things at all, though...
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

Post Thanks / Like

I'm waiting to hear back from the seller on a question about colors. Once I get his response I'll place my order and fill you all in on them.

Post Thanks / Like

My Jay Turser was about $100.00. The quality is not the best. The frets are not level and most of the pick guard screws where stripped. I have no idea what type of wood was used for the body. Lesson learned ... you get what you pay for. In today’s world quality costs.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Tim,

"You get what you pay for" is true most of the time, but I'm telling ya the SX SST57 that I received shatters that notion. I'd take 4 SX's vs. 1 MIM Strat anyday if they are all as nice as the one I received.

I just ordered the Pink model, so I'll do a review and post some pics once it comes in. The seller said this is light pink, so I'm hoping it's close to my main Strat. It would be cool to have a backup that's the same color as my #1.
    Last edited by tremoloman; July 10th, 2006 at 05:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    Tim,

"You get what you pay for" is true most of the time, but I'm telling ya the SX SST57 that I received shatters that notion. I'd take 4 SX's vs. 1 MIM Strat anyday if they are all as nice as the one I received.

I just ordered the Pink model, so I'll do a review and post some pics once it comes in. The seller said this is light pink, so I'm hoping it's close to my main Strat. It would be cool to have a backup that's the same color as my #1.
    So, where's the review? Was it worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

i just read the description....says it has a 5-way distortion switch!

ww
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tremoloman
    I know China has cheap labor rates, but you wonder how they can make a profit at such a low cost..
    http://www.china-labour.org.hk/en/node/15889
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Thanks, SS - I guess that's how they can do it....
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Trem - good to hear from you! What have you been up to?

TJC
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

I actually have some input on this subject my first bass was a bridgecraft. Its not a horrible thing. I got it off the bay for 60 bucks and it took two years for it to stop working.something was wrong with the wiring and i just finally got around to fixing it a couple months ago.