Thread: E7xxxxx - Squier Strat default body thickness?

Post Thanks / Like

Default E7xxxxx - Squier Strat default body thickness?

Hi!
    I've got E7xxxxx-serial Squier Stratocaster. I'm just wondering if the body is from different guitar..
    I tried to google the dimensions of this model, but i couldn't find details...

It's thinner than 1.75" (45mm.) Standard Fender Strat.. this is about 1.63" (41-42mm.) very beautiful 3-tone sunburst alder(old).
    It's routigs are for H-S-H.. (now it's loaded with Texas Specials).
    It is modified from floyd rose type system to vintage. Help me please if you do know the specs, about the default thickness of this E7xxxxx-Strat body.
    ...Anyways.. swapped body or not..this is great tool !!

Your help would be very appreciate.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Strat body thicknesses are supposed to be around 1.75". You may have a Squier Affinity Strat body, which is supposed to be about .25" thinner.
    I don't know of any Affinities that came out with Floyds, so there may be a mystery here. Others with more Strat knowledge will undoubtedly help further.

All that matters, though, is that the guitar sounds good. If it does, then wail away!
    Guitars:
    Fender 2006 MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS in 3TS
    Ibanez RG 570 with a bridge Invader
    ESP M II Deluxe with a Tune-o-Matic bridge
    Eleanor, the magical, mystical Road Worn wonder Tele
    Blackstar HT Club 40

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going to recommend the JV Forum, but you are already there. They are a little slow but they will get back to you.
    I have 9 Strats. Everything from CIJ, MIM, MIA, MIC, MII. So I decided to measure a few with a caliper. The MIMs are thicker than the MIA, but most of them were 1.75. The CIJ crafted in Japan was about 43 to 44 mm. Basswood body but also a very nice guitar. So of the ones I measured the Japanese strat was thinner, and the MIM was slightly thicker, but all of my Squiers were 1.75.
    Now the manufacturers have C&C machines so the thickness is pretty standard.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your help.
    Thanks ZMAN! Excellent and unique comparison between all kinds of Strats!!