Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Arc Angels

Thread: Arc Angels

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Arc Angels

Doyle Bramhall ll, Charlie Sexton, Chris Layton, Tommy Shannon

The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool post! Man I loved their stuff and Doyle was totally great already at that time.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Yup. Doyle has a certain coolness about him.
    I was watching the Crossroads 07 a bit yesterday, I didn't know he played lefty strung upside down.

Post Thanks / Like

When that first album came out in the mid 90s I was all over it. They've been doing gigs around Austin ever since. I just heard somewhere that they have another album in the works.

Good find mate.:

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    When that first album came out in the mid 90s I was all over it. They've been doing gigs around Austin ever since. I just heard somewhere that they have another album in the works.

Good find mate.:
    Wow...I have the first album. If they come out with another I'll be grabbing that one.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is great! I am just getting to know about Doyle, and like what I see.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

good stuff I also have the arc angel album and all of Doyle's, fantastic player
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

One of his later songs called "Problem Child" has the smoothest Fuzz tone ever. Doyle is pretty cool and Clapton has his reasons for making him his side man for years now.
    "A lot of people in the industry want to blame downloading for the state of the business. But I think if most music wasn't shit to begin with people wouldn't be downloading it for free," - Corey Taylor (Slipknot)

Post Thanks / Like

Doyle rocks! I first saw him on Roger Waters' In The Flesh DVD. And on March 10 I've got tickets to Clapton's gig, but I'm soo hoping Doyle's still with him!

Post Thanks / Like

Great band I remember discovering the cool guitar mix of Charlie Sexton and Doyle Bramhall at that time it was really great. The solo albums od Doyle are btw excellent specially Smokestack :

Thanks for refreshing our memories Robert
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:
    Tweed Vibrolux Custom Denis Manlay, 1976 Fender Deluxe Reverb Silverface

Post Thanks / Like

Default New album, tour, DVD

It's official - new album, tour and DVD from the Arc Angels.
    http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazin..._DVD_Tour.aspx

Austin, TX (March 22, 2009) - Austin supergroup Arc Angels made it official--the band is back together and very excited about a new album, a DVD release and a new tour. Even though the group split company just a few years after their critically acclaimed debut in the early 90s, they've had a loyal fan base that has been sustained by a single album, seven farewell gigs just months after their breakup in 1993, and recent reunion shows. In between, members have been playing with Eric Clapton, David Grissom, Kenny Wayne Shepperd, Bob Dylan and others.

The band's history precedes its own debut album with a lineup that is famous among music aficionados in Austin and beyond, and is even tied to Stevie Ray Vaughan. Arc Angels are also a particular favorite among gearheads due to the killer tones of lead men Doyle Bramhall II and Charlie Sexton, who are back with their classic equipment and some new gear, as well. Chris Layton is back behind the kit but fellow Double Trouble member and original Arc Angel bassist Tommy Shannon was not in Austin for the band's four appearances and does not appear to be a part of collaborations for the new album and tour.

Antone's setlist with notes on Sexton's guitar changes
    The band played at KGSR studios, Little Steven's Underground Garage and the Auditorium Shores Stage on Friday, March 20th, and then a tribute to club owner Clifford Antone at the legendary Antones the next afternoon. Fans at the Antone's gig were treated to a sneak peak viewing of a portion of the band's new live/documentary DVD that is to be released in April along with the new CD. They were also witnesses to the city of Austin officially declaring March 21st as Arc Angels Day. The setlist for Antone's included three new songs.

Bramhall II's guitar lineup at Antone's included his Strats (but not the red one) along with his LP Junior. His '68 Marshall Super Bass was running through a 2x12 in a Fulton-Webb open back 4x12 cab.

Doyle Bramhall II's pedalboard

Sexton's line up of axes included a James Trussart Steeltop, a Zemaitis, Strats and his Ric. He had two amps, a VOX AC50 and a 65Amps London.

Charlie Sexton's pedalboard

Initial dates for the new tour have been announced with more to come soon. So far, the band has a run of shows in Texas next month and then a NYC gig in May, followed by a run of UK dates which includes opening for Eric Clapton during a 10-night stay at Royal Albert Hall. Other scheduled dates include an East coast run in early June.

For more info:
    myspace.com/arcangelsmusic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks a lot for the update Spudman it's great to hear that they re-unite again their first album was really good and since I love both Sexton and Bramhall II solo efforts as well :
    Guitars:
    1978 Fender Telecaster Thinline Custom USA, New Nash TL-72 Thinline Telecaster, 1965 Harmony Meteor, H71, 1986 Fender Telecaster Esquire MIJ, New Martin J-41 Special, 1933 National Duolian, 1941, New Eastwood Mandocaster 12 strings

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Guys very good news there's a whole concert at Antone's on iClip website just register and hop an entire concert with great image quality :

http://www.iclips.net/content.php?content_id=24852
    Guitars:

Amps:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jipes
    Hi Guys very good news there's a whole concert at Antone's on iClip website just register and hop an entire concert with great image quality :

http://www.iclips.net/content.php?content_id=24852
    Thanks!:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spudman
    Thanks!:
    You're welcome
    It's funny but I notice that Charlie Sexton album are far away from the Arc Angels or Doyle Bramhall blues rock thing it's more cool and folk and songwriter oriented
    Guitars:

Amps:

North of the Equator: I am a Southerner, Southern Ontario!
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot all about that CD. I also have it. I also forgot that it was SRV's rythm section.
    The Blues is alright!

Guitars: 1968 Gibson SG, 2005 Gibson SG Standard, 2006 Gibson LP Classic Gold top, 2004 Epiphone Elitist LP Custom, 1996 Gibson Les Paul Standard. 2001 Epiphone Sheraton II, 2007 Epiphone G400.
    Fender Strats: 1996 Fender 68 Reissue CIJ, 2008 Squier CV 50s, 2009 Squier CV 50s Tele Butterescotch Blonde

Amps: Blues Junior Special edition Jensen in Brown Tolex with Wheat front, 65 Deluxe Reverb reissue,1970 Sonax reverb by Traynor, Avatar Custom 2/12 Cabinet with Eminence Legend V1216 speakers,
    2008 DSL100 Marshall Amp , Fender Super Champ XD,Fender Vibro Champ XD

Effects and Pedals: Fulltone Fulldrive II, Fulltone OCD, Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe, Fulltone Fat Boost, Dunlop Crybaby Wah, Boss DS1, Boss DD20 Giga Delay, Boss TU2 tuner, Boss BD2, Ibanez TS9 Tube screamer, Zoom 505. Radial tonebone hot british.