Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why so few Gibson posts?

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why so few Gibson posts?

Just wondering. Are Gibbys to expensive maybe? Or are Fender just more popular these days? Or maybe we just happen to not attract Gibson dudes and dudettes?

Just curious. :
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Because apparently the Stratocaster is the best guitar ever made.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, you flirting me or what?
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.

Post Thanks / Like

I still love my Gibson, more than my Strat. I don't know that I'd go so far as to say it's the best guitar ever as I still crave a Tele, but I love my ES-135 and very likely always will. Without any effects it has a remarkably cool tone and it takes to effects very well.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    Given those two choices, I'd say "what". I've seen your VEINS man!
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Because 90% of the gab here is all Fender-ish.

Post Thanks / Like

I can talk Gibson all day long if you want?

Should we have a Gibson-only day here? Talk Fender and you get spanked!?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the day I joined I noticed that this forum was geared more towards Fender. It has nothing to do with the way it's set up, just a lot of Fender/Squier.

Personally I prefer Gibson/Epihone over Fender/Squier, but I won't let go of my Strat because it rounds out the group of guitars I have.

If I had a Gibson (read: afford), I would talk Gibson, but I can only talk Epiphone to get close to a Gibson discussion. Someday I will own an ES335 and then I will talk Gibson.

There certainly are enough Gibson/Epi people here, just doesn't generate the discussion for some reason.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would love to talk more 335 style, as I would love different things to try with my new Vik. Not a Gibby, but in the ball park. I am particularly interested in working the 4 knobs and how more experienced 4 knobbers like to use said knobs and pick up selector.

I think a lot of people joined after searching for and finding Robert's vids, and those have been Strat or Tele, or Squire '51 vids mostly. I bet that has something to do with it.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah? Blame it on ME, so that's how it's gonna be?! Ganging up on me, are you!? It's alright, I can take it.

Post Thanks / Like

I can't talk about Gibsons because, get this.....I don't own one. Out of my whole warehouse full of guitars you won't find a Gibson at all. I've never found one that I liked well enough to buy. I've tried many but they never got me off. The necks never felt right to me. Maybe some day when they make a decent Strat copy I might get one.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    I am particularly interested in working the 4 knobs and how more experienced 4 knobbers like to use said knobs and pick up selector.
    So you're the one trying to flirt with Robert.

My Godin Radiator has 3 knobs. A volume for each pup & a global tone knob.
    There is no pup selector switch. I tend to crank either the neck or bridge & add in the other to taste. My taste varies sometimes the other pup is almost all the way up & sometimes it is barely on. You can then back off the one that is maxed to clean things up while altering the tone.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tot_Ou_tard
    Because apparently the Stratocaster is the best guitar ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    tot_Ou_tard... you wouldn't happen to be IKEA Kitchen Staff would you?
    Gearlist:
    Electric: Ibanez 'AS103', Fender Dlx Nash Pwr Tele, Fender Squier '62 JV Strat, Squier '51, Squier 60's Classic Vibe Strat, Epi Elite LP Studio, Hagstrom Swede Acoustic: Larrivee LV-03RE, A&L AMI, Yamaha FG340-T Bass: Yamaha BB 450 Amps: Roland JC-120, JC-50, Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Champ XD Pedals: Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Danelectro Cool Cat Drive, Transparent Overdrive, Digitech Digiverb, Bad Monkey, Ibanez TS-9, Boss AC-2, CE-5, CS-2, DD-3, DF-2, DS-1, FV-100, GE-7, OC-2, PSM-5, SD-1, TU-2, DVM~BYOC 'Lush Puppy' Chorus

Post Thanks / Like

Man, algonquin remembers EVERYTHING! You scary, man!

Post Thanks / Like

Robert , I would like to own a 335 but $$$$$$ is the main reason for not owning one. I have been to the factory store and played on several of the demos , nothing jumped out at me other than the 335. I like a good sounding guitar that I can afford to learn on.

Post Thanks / Like

I love my gibson and anyone thats played it loves it too.
    If you "really" want a les paul I'm sure there's one out there for you, no sense in trying out a bunch to no avail If you really don't like them to begin with.. thats ok

As far as discussing it ,well most discussions here revolve around "chimey" singlecoils thru a fender-ish amp blues licks.
    I wish I had a nickle for every time "chimey " has been posted here.
    if "chimey" is all that matters than fender is the way to go

Not going to get that from a les paul so I just roll with the flow because no one else seems to talk about their Gibsons much.

I've owned a few fenders in my day and like them alot.
    I like superstrats too but the general concensus I get is that the majority of regular posters "don't care for pointy guitars" so I don't mention them much either.

I like the company here, thats what I like about this place , I can easilly get my Gibsons and shred machine kicks elsewhere no harm in that.

this place has evolved and gains members no problem ,, keep it up
    guitars-esp m1,esp vintage plus strat,85 gibson LP std,Hamer std,hagstrom xl-5,takamine 330r
    amps-egnater tweaker,epi vj w/brat mod
    efx-byoc/dvm comp, j cantrell wah,ocd,catalinbread dls,wampler plextortion,ibanez chorus,tech21 boost dla

Post Thanks / Like

Andy don't let the perceived preferences of the Fretters stop you from talking about what you like. Open discussion of all types of guitars is good for this place.

Pretty soon new Fretters will be of the opinion that people here just like guitars period.
    I pick a moon dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    As far as discussing it ,well most discussions here revolve around "chimey" singlecoils thru a fender-ish amp blues licks. . . .

this place has evolved and gains members no problem ,, keep it up
    Andy, I am a pretty new player still and started with my strat. So to a certain extent, it is all I know. I know I have used that chimey word on at least one occasion. I am just getting to know my Viking, with its more 335 style. I hope to keep evolving as a player. It is why I like to talk about it with others that have more and different experience than I have. I sure welcome some more discussion so I can get more ideas on how to find out what my non-strat guitar can do.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast