Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toneport/Guitarport/Pod tips and settings

Camrose, Alberta, Canada - used to be Umea Sweden.
    Post Thanks / Like

M29, I just have the regular stuff in there. So it must have been the Plexi Lead I meant. I used the non-jumpered one, and I added a distortion box to it. I maxed gain and volume on the Plexi Lead. A lot of the sound has to do with the pickups in my Michael Kelly. I can't get that sound with my strat or tele. I also recorded the rhythm guitar twice, and panned each guitar right/left for a fatter sound. Makes it sound modern.
    The Law of Gravity is nonsense. No such law exists. If I think I float, and you think I float, then it happens.
    Master Guitar Academy - I also teach via SKYPE.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I see. I thought your new guitar really made it. I see now how you fattened it up and that sounds great! Again Awesome playing!!!

Thanks Robert!
    M

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how to get Gearbox and Audacity to both come through the headphones? I get the guitar in Gearbox on headphones and Audacity in the computer speakers. It is kind of weird not hearing them together when you are playing. Then they are both together in the final mix of Audacity though and not the headphones.

TIA.
    M

Post Thanks / Like

Are any of you guy using riffworks with your Gearbox app?We could set up a Rifflink.
    http://www.soundclick.com/sacco
    http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Reverend of Rock n Roll .

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    I did not know there was a problem with front usb ports...I know now!
    I should qualify that. There isn't actually a problem with front USB ports per se, it's just that I've seen loads and loads of PC's with issues around the front USB ports. Usually the problem is power, as in not enough of it to run the device, or excessive noise corrupting the digital signal.

I have two desktops at home, both home made, and one's ports work ace, the other are so intermittent I eventually just disconnected them and use a powered USB hub (plugged into the back)

So, whenever I hear of ANY problem with a device plugged into the front port, the first thing to try is to plug it into the back.

Hope that clears it up a bit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M29
    Does anyone know how to get Gearbox and Audacity to both come through the headphones? I get the guitar in Gearbox on headphones and Audacity in the computer speakers. It is kind of weird not hearing them together when you are playing. Then they are both together in the final mix of Audacity though and not the headphones.

TIA.
    M
    go to preferences and set playback device to toneport

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ragnarpk that did it:

M

Post Thanks / Like

Hello good people,

Just a quickie re: Line6 gear.
    I just bought a used Toneport UX2 which comes bundled with GearBox. (It hasn't been delivered yet). 
    I notice the newer UX2's come with POD FARM.
    Is there any discernable difference between the two software products?
    Or am I able to download a copy of POD FARM from Line6 and use it (I assume the hardware is the dongle)?
    Cheers.

EDIT: No worries, I found the answer on the Line6 site.
    Last edited by Suhnton; July 14th, 2009 at 06:18 AM.
    Guitars: Epiphone SG-400 Custom; Epiphone Firebird V; 1996 Gibson LP Standard; Avion 4; Yamaha FG-301B acoustic

FX: TS-808; Big Muff (Triangle Version); Red Llama; Green Ringer Octave Up (Clones); Maxon Phaser; Maxon Compressor; Tremulus Lune Tremolo; Line 6 POD II

Amp: (Somewhere in another country) Hiwatt 100W head, Marshall 4x12 cab

My noise here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12