Thread: We Don't serve minors

Post Thanks / Like

Default We Don't serve minors

This joke has been going around, but I never heard the extended version before! -

C, E-flat, and G go into a bar. The bartender says, "Sorry, but we don't serve minors." So, E-flat leaves, and C and G have an open fifth between them.

(That's usually it, but sometimes the theme develops..)

After a few drinks, the fifth is diminished and the G is out flat. An F comes in and tries to augment the situation, but is not sharp enough.

A D comes into the bar and heads straight for the bathroom saying, "Excuse me. I'll just be a second." An A comes into the bar, but the bartender is not convinced that this relative of C is not a minor. Then the bartender notices a B-flat hiding at the end of the bar and exclaims, "Get out now! You're the seventh minor I've found in this bar tonight."

The E-flat, not easily deflated, comes back to the bar the next night in a 3-piece suit with nicely shined shoes. The bartender (who used to have a nice corporate job until his company downsized) says, "You're looking sharp tonight, come on in! This could be a major development." This proves to be the case, as the E-flat takes off the suit, and everything else, and stands there au natural.

Eventually, the C sobers up, and realizes in horror that he's under a rest. The C is brought to trial, is found guilty of contributing to the diminution of a minor, and is sentenced to 10 years of DS without Coda at an upscale correctional facility. On appeal, however, the C is found innocent of any wrongdoing, even accidental, and that all accusations to the contrary are bassless.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

HA! That was great, thanks! Who's the clever soul who came up with that?!
    "GAS never sleeps" - Gil Janus

"Now you got to pay your dues. Get that axe and play the blues." - Spudman

Gear: Epiphone Sheraton II, Epiphone Wildkat, Epiphone Emperor Joe Pass, Fender MIM Strat, Tacoma DR-14, Johnson JR-200 resonator; Fender Super Champ XD amp

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, that was a good one!
    Guitars
    Wilburn Versatare, '52 FrankenTele(Fender licensed parts), Fender USA Roadhouse Strat, Fender USA Standard B-bender Telecaster, Agile AL 3000 w/ WCR pickups, Ibanez MIJ V300 Acoustic, Squier Precision Bass,
    Amps
    Ceriatone Overtone Special, Musicman 212 Sixty-Five, Fender Blues Jr., Peavey Classic 30, Fender Super Reverb, Traynor YCV-40 WR Anniversary w/ matching 1x12 ext. cab, Epiphone SoCal 50w head w/ matching 4x12 cab (Lady Luck speakers), Avatar 2x12 semi-open back cab w/ Celestion speakers
    Pedals
    Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech Jamman, DVM's ZYS, Goodrich volume pedal

Post Thanks / Like

Ooops. Translation fail...

Not many people in Australia would be too familiar with the term "Fifth" as it pertains to Alcohol I'd say. I reckon I might have actually first heard it from that Eminem track "Stan". "I drank a fifth of Vodka, dare me to drive?"

I've actually even heard Australians mention "Pleading the fifth" which is actually impossible under Australian law because we don't actually have a fifth amendment.....

Great joke otherwise though

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me it was not the rapper that thought that up.have a friend who is a creative whiz with lyrics,prose and jokes.I'll pass along any compliments.was pretty good with lyrics myself long ago.never got into the joke scene but guess should have.I thought it good too or would not have put it up.
    Life is like a camera, just focus on what’s important and capture the good times, develop from the negatives and if things don’t work out, just take another shot. ~ Anonymous

Guitars: 1967(year they came out): Fender Coronado II Wildwood I ,Fullerton ST- 4 Fat Strat , Esteban Legacy acous/elec,99 MIA Standard Fender Strat
    Amph's Original Roland Cube 15,Drive 30 w/spring reverb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by player
    Trust me it was not the rapper that thought that up.have a friend who is a creative whiz with lyrics,prose and jokes.I'll pass along any compliments.was pretty good with lyrics myself long ago.never got into the joke scene but guess should have.I thought it good too or would not have put it up.
    No doubt. I'm just saying the phrase "fifth" as it relates to a quantity of liquid is unknown in my part of the world.