Thread: Conference of the Frets!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Conference of the Frets!

Hello!

What about this idea? Having a live conference of the fretters?

Many people are using SKYPE. You can get the free program here

http://www.skype.com

It makes possible free conferences, that are chats, telefone-like and video-conferences.

I have also a webcam on my monitor so i can do video-conferences with it.

All is free, only internet connection is needed.

What about the idea of having a conference of the fretters?

As an alternative i do also have an AOL Instant Messanger account.

Step one: Install skype, get a free account.

Step two: Post your account name here or bette via private mail to those who are interested.

Eveyone of the fretters can get my account via mail.

So i am waiting....
    Last edited by Guitar-Chris; July 12th, 2006 at 12:00 PM.
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

Christian,

Sounds very cool. I am not a computer genius. How would I hook up a microphone to chat with? I have an old VCR camera lying around the closet. Could it be used for video? If I can get my system to work, I for giving your idea a try.
    Guitars:

Electric: Washburn HB-30, Squier Tele Custom Deluxe, Jay Turser Strat.
    Acoustic: Seagull S6.

AMPs: VOX AD30VT, Peavey Envoy 110.

Modelers: V-AMP 2, Digitech RP-100A.

Pedals: Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Digitech Bad Monkey, Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo, DOD VFX40B 7-Band Graphic EQ, Ibanez CS-5 Super Chorus.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Christian,

Sounds very cool. I am not a computer genius. How would I hook up a microphone to chat with? I have an old VCR camera lying around the closet. Could it be used for video? If I can get my system to work, I for giving your idea a try.
    I'm not shure abou that video-cam. But for the first, a simple microphone, connected to the sound-card would be enough.

Video-Conferencen with skype is limited to two persons at the moment. But you can have a chat of further 5 persones the same time i think.

AOL Instant Messanger can handle mor persons in a chat, so probably that is better. Let's wait, what the others say and prefer, ok?
    Greetings

Christian

Guitars: Fender Telecaster Standard, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Stratocaster, Yamaha Pacifica 412V, Dean Vendetta, J&D LS-1, Collins Stage Western

Amp: Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, Fame GX60R

Pedals: DIY Box of Rock Clone, DIY Linear Power Boster, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Regenerator, Digitech Bad Monkey, Harley Benton OD-100, Harley Benton DD-2, Behringer Hellbabe HB01 Wah, Boss DS-1, Boss TU-2, Boss DD-7, EXH Small Clone

Post Thanks / Like

on th msn messenger you can open you webcam for more than 2 at the same time isnt it? but I guess you can use your microphone with only one person at time... so theres a disvantage in that too. if anyone wanna add me on the msn just contact me..

I have a skype account too, but i need to download and install it again.