Thread: Goo Goo Dolls

pes_laul Guest

Default Goo Goo Dolls

Really been digging these guys lately:

edit: Lol found a funny one

Post Thanks / Like

1999 I saw them open up for the Rolling Stones didn't know much about them then but been big fan since.... Rzeznik is an outstanding musician

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I saw them open in a smallish mid-size "ballroom" venue for Soul Asylum, when no one had heard of Goo Goo Dolls. Soul Asylum was at the top of their game, just before they became really big (prior to the Runaway Train single, Dave dating Winona, and such), and Goo Goo Dolls managed to not get blown off the stage, which is saying something. Their early album Superstar Car Wash is really good, including a cover of a Paul Westerberg song (We Are the Normal), and rocks out more than their later more ballad/acoustic-oriented stuff. Their bassist is very good and sings lead on some songs, but tends to be overshadowed by the prettyboy lead singer.

pes_laul Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Krashpad
    I saw them open in a smallish mid-size "ballroom" venue for Soul Asylum, when no one had heard of Goo Goo Dolls. Soul Asylum was at the top of their game, just before they became really big (prior to the Runaway Train single, Dave dating Winona, and such), and Goo Goo Dolls managed to not get blown off the stage, which is saying something. Their early album Superstar Car Wash is really good, including a cover of a Paul Westerberg song (We Are the Normal), and rocks out more than their later more ballad/acoustic-oriented stuff. Their bassist is very good and sings lead on some songs, but tends to be overshadowed by the prettyboy lead singer.
    I personally think robby tacak (bass player) his voice gets annoying after a while its like hes boiling nails in this throat. I think johnny rzeznic is just an awsome musician