Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Steelers or Cardinals Kick off Time
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers or Cardinals Kick off Time

Post Thanks / Like

Default Steelers or Cardinals Kick off Time

Tomorrow is chicken wings day or wathever junk food & beer you like ..

I m gonna go with the Steelers by 17 ...

Last edited by Blaze; February 1st, 2009 at 05:31 PM.
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I will go with the Steelers, but not by 17. I read a couple of polls today and a few of them were split pretty evenly on winner selection. I think the way the Cards closed the season have people wondering, plus they always like to see a good story (Kurt Warner).

I probably won't watch much of it, maybe try to catch a few commercials.

GO CAVS!!!
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer The Cardinals. I mean, just look at the size of that "Princeton"

Oh, this appears to be about some sort of sporting contest.
    Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping for the Cards since I also root for one of the lost causes of the NFL.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

I'm rooting for the Cardinals! I'm also making this http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html to eat during halftime.

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluesHowler
    I'm rooting for the Cardinals! I'm also making this http://www.bbqaddicts.com/bacon-explosion.html to eat during halftime.
    My cardiologist recommends that dish to me all the time.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Being a life long Pittsburgher...Steelers by 13.
    Guitars: 2003 and 2004 American series strats, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Strat, Squier Deluxe Strat.

Amps: Line 6 Spider IV 120, Vox AD50VT 212, and Peavey Transtube Bandit 112.

Pedals: Digitech Bad Monkey.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BluesHowler
    Looks, erm, lovely

Electric: Fat strat > Korg PB > TS7 > DS1 > DD-20 > Cube 60 (Fender model)

Acoustic: Guitar > microphone > audience

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Last year I rooted for Petty, the year before that for Prince. This year, I'm rooting for the Boss.

A few years back, some of us may have rooted for Janet Jackson.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sunvalleylaw
    Last year I rooted for Petty, the year before that for Prince. This year, I'm rooting for the Boss.

A few years back, some of us may have rooted for Janet Jackson.
    Is that who's playing at halftime? I'm anti Arizona and I've been to Philly once so I guess I'll go with whoever wins me my numbers on the pools!
    Guitars/Bass - MIM Fender Classic 50s Strat, MIM Fender Standard Strat, Squier Classic Vibe 50s Tele, Gibson Les Paul Studio, Epi '56 Gold Top Les Paul, Martin DSR acoustic, Sigma Martin Auditorium electric/acoustic, Squier Jazz Bass.

Amps/Cabinets/Modelers - Model 2558 50 watt Marshall Silver Anniversary Jubilee combo w/ Celestion Vintage 30s, 4x12 Marshall cabinet w/25 watt Greenback Celestions, Fender Blues Junior w/ a couple of Billm mods, Line 6 POD 2.0, Roland Micro Cube

Pedals/Effects - Cry Baby Classic Wah, Boss TU-2, Boss NS-2, Boss RC-2 Loop Station, Ross Compressor, MXR Micro Amp, Danelectro FAB Echo, Danelectro FAB Chorus, Danelectro Chicken Salad, Marshall Guv'nor Plus, Marshall Echohead, Duhvoodooman's Zonkin' Yellow Screamer, Digitech Digiverb, Digitech Bad Monkey, Dunlop Fuzz Face, Homemade Loop Bypass pedal, Duhvoodooman's Sonic Tonic (Maxon SD-9 clone +), Voodoo Labs Superfuzz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yep, The Boss is playing. Bet we see a butterscotch tele tomorrow.
    Steve Thompson
    Sun Valley, Idaho

Guitars: Fender 60th Anniversary Std. Strat, Squier CVC Tele Hagstrom Viking Semi-hollow, Joshua beach guitar, Martin SPD-16TR Dreadnought
    Amphs: Peavey Classic 30, '61 Fender Concert
    Effects and such: Boss: DS-1, CE-5, NS-2 and RC20XL looper, Digitech Bad Monkey, Korg AX1G Multi-effects, Berhinger: TU100 tuner, PB100 Clean Boost, Line 6 Toneport UX2, Electro Harmonix Little Big Muff Pi, DuhVoodooMan's Rabid Rodent Rat Clone, Zonkin Yellow Screamer Mk. II, MXR Carbon Copy Delay

love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart. . .
    - j. johnson

Post Thanks / Like

I would root for the Boss from the 70's, but the Boss of today? I'll root for the commercials.
    Last edited by just strum; February 1st, 2009 at 09:02 AM.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    I would root for the Boss from the 70's, but the Boss of today. I'll root for the commercials.
    i agree.....i really don't care who wins so i'll pull for the underdog....being in the advertising field i admit i watch more for the commercials than the game....
    Quote Originally Posted by just strum
    For the record, my annoyance with Warren has a lot to do with the hissing noises he makes.
    Guitars: Gibson 1998 Les Paul Special : Peavey Predator (Early 90's Fat Strat Copy) : Ibanez GAX30TR
    Brownsville Reso - 101 Electric Reso : Fender GDO-300 Maple Quilt Top Acoustic

Amps: Fender Super Champ XD

Effects: Digitech RP250 Modeling Guitar Processor : DVM "Phased and Confused" Script Phaser Clone : Digitech Bad Monkey
    Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus : Behringer Distortion Modeler : Ernie Ball Volume Pedal : Dunlop Cry Baby Wah

Post Thanks / Like

I'm predicting the Steelers take it today. I'm also predicting that I actually watch my first game of the season today too.

"No Tele For you." - The Tele Nazi

Ha! Tele-ish now inbound.

Post Thanks / Like

[/QUOTE]

I'll have to try this

I would like to see the Cards win but think Pitt will take with there defense

Post Thanks / Like

Not rooting for either team because I don't really like either team.

Picking the Steelers because they have the best defense in the NFL and I think they can shut down the passing attack better than any team in football. Take away the pass and Arizona is done. Edgerrin James is not running anywhere against the Steelers defense.

How much do I think they'll win by? Not as much as 17 that's for sure. I'm thinking about a 20-10 game (and one of those two Steelers TD's would probably come from the defensive side of the ball).

As for halftime, I love Bruce but those stupid halftime shows always come across as super cheesy with all the people around the stage and all. I'm sure the band will be good, but not nearly as good as seeing them in a real concert not a halftime show. Looking forward to it much more than Petty though.

And the commercials. That I am not looking forward to at all. Super Bowl commercials used to be something to watch for when the games were blow-outs. The last few years the commercials have been horrible and sub-par. I expect no different tonight.

All I really want is for the game to be over and have the thousands of tourists out of my city and off the roads. The traffic here in Tampa has been ludicrous. Time for them to go home.

Oh and I especially can't wait for the big fighter jet fly-over 5.5 hours from now. I live on a direct line between the Air Force Base and the stadium so the fly-overs go right over my house. Not a pleasant experience but I do always know when the Bucs game is about to kick off.

Enjoy the game everyone.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blazes
    Tomorrow is chicken wings day or wathever junk food & beer you like ..

I m gonna go with the Steelers by 17 ...

Here we go ..........
    My SoundClick -- Rubber Band -- Jazz Trio

--Quebec made 1978 Norman B-30 , Martin Dc 15E , Suzuki Archtop
    -- Fender Start Reissue 57 , Ibanez AR 300 , Peavy Falcon ,Xaviere Xv600,
    -- Fender Telecaster , Charvel_Jackson , Framus Lapsteel
    --Rc boost,Ts9 ,Coolcat-ToD,GGG Fuzz Face, Boss Ce2 , Rc Booster ,Tone driver , Boss dd2 , Boss Gt8 (effects _effects loop)
    --Amp:Traynor Ycv40 wr -- Blackstar HT5-- Car :Toyota Tercel 1999..

/ `--'(
    < [] []////////|:::-)
    \_.--.(

Post Thanks / Like

Just saw the Bridgestone commercial featuring the Spudster.
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

So far the commercials have shown me:

1) I will probably not be seeing many movies this year as the ones I've seen advertised all look incredibly stupid. Must everything be a remake or a movie version of some old tv show? Where did originality go?

2) Bob Dylan needs to own the rights to his own songs because I would prefer not to believe he sold his own song to Pepsi.

3) Conan O'Brien drinks crappy beer. He should have his credentials as an Irishman revoked for endorsing Bud Light. Bud Light is colored water, not beer.

As for the game... Arizona's defense can't stop anything. This will be a l-o-n-g game for them if they can't ratchet things up very soon since their offense looks pretty weak so far. This game could be over by halftime.
    "I happen to have perfect situational awareness, Lana. Which cannot be taught, by the way. Like a poet's ... mind for ... to make the perfect words." - Sterling Archer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast