Thread: Boss ME-50 review - I think I've cracked it (long)

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by markb
    It's a swings and roundabouts deal. ...

...They've reduced the OD/dist options to 10 but added some of the amp models from the GT10. The amp modeler can be switched off whence it becomes a proper 5 band (I think) EQ. This gives it more flexibility than the ME-50 for recording or direct to the PA gigs but loses the ME-50's "just the FX, ma'am" style which I prefer to "all bells and whistles"....
    I've tried and had enuff amp modelers over the years to come to the conclusion that I don't care for any of them, although I guess my Roland Micro-Cube qualifies as one. Amp modelers are cool, just not for me. I'd rather keep things simple & have one go-to 2-channel amp (i.e., the Tech21 T60) that combined with the appropriate FX (besides the ME50, I've got a few other basic tricks in the bag...an old MXR 10-Band EQ maybe the most useful) can cover all the bases I need covered.
    I've discovered that the two button footswitches that come with the Behringer V-amp (and some of their amps) work with the ME-50. They're a better build quality than the AB200.
    Now, that's good to know : As long as you either keep the amp, or sell it without the switch to someone who just fell off a turnip truck... There's plenty of options besides the Boss switches...like almost any other mfr, they make it sound in the manuals like you MUST use their accessories, or you'll explode the amp...

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

I've discussed the ME50 on and off with Wings probably going back at least 1.5 years ago. I'm going to order one tomorrow after I talk to my sales tech at Sweetwater to see what kind of deal I can get.
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck with that quest, strummy : You can download the manual in pdf format at the Boss website (if you look hard enuff )...if you can't find it, I can send it to you.

Why? There's a 2-page Patch Sheet you could photocopy, or if you have the pdf, print at will, that you can jot your personally-created preset patch settings on. Truly handy, since they're only ID'd by numbers, not by name, on the ME-50.

The manual wasn't downloadable when I got mine, so I re-created the Patch Sheet in XL as a one page thing. I've attached it here:

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Could one of you ME50 owners tell me what the input/output rating is on the adapter you are using?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!