Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Speaker for My AD30VT

South Williamsport, Pa. (on the Susquehanna River)
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Ragin' Cajun

Strum,

I immediately put the RC in my Fender SCXD when I got the amp, within days. It was 64 dollars from MF.

The sound difference was highly noticeable and better. The stock Fender speaker has a tiny magnet. The RC magnet weighs probably twenty times as much.

Also, did you notice that the Ragin' Cajun produces a lot more volume at the same vol setting as the old stock speaker?

I noticed a big increase in volume because the Eminence Ragin' Cajun is 100+ sensitivity and the stock fender speaker was about 95 dB. Five dB is a big difference in volume. The SCXD is way louder and sounds super good.

An increase of only two dB will give you a lot of increase in volume, but the more increase in sensitivity you will see a greater volume increase. Just a few dB makes a big difference in volume. The RC has great tone as well.

I might buy another one and put it in my Crate Palamino V8 or my Behringer GM110 which is a great sounding analog modelling thirty watt combo. I'm sure it would make that amp sound phenomenal The Crate would probably be a lot louder too and with better tone, but the Palamino is great sounding already but I'm sure it would be even better sounding.

Let us know if you noticed any volume increase with the Vox and the RC.

Thanks,

Duffy

Peace
    Duffy
    South Williamsport, Pa.

"So let us stop talking falsely now, the hour's getting late." (as by JH)

Post Thanks / Like

Default hey Strum

I got a RG for my ad30 and i used pliers to unscrew/screw the nuts
    do you know what size wrench fits them - they are small but nothing i had fit
    which is why i used pliers
    do you know th epower rating of the stock 10"?

Northern Ohio - Near Cleveland - Home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame http://www.rockhall.com/
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sense2k
    I got a RG for my ad30 and i used pliers to unscrew/screw the nuts
    do you know what size wrench fits them - they are small but nothing i had fit
    which is why i used pliers
    do you know th epower rating of the stock 10"?
    What nuts are you referring to and what is an RG?
    Mark
    * Loud is good, good is better!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12