Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

Thread: Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

Post Thanks / Like

Default Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus

I´ve been going through a lot of my old music and found the excellent 1986 album Epicus Doomicus Metallicus by the swedish doom metal band Candlemass!

Here is a taster, unfortunately not the official music video which I cannot seem to find..

Solitude! (enjoy Marnold and any other metal lovers)

Last edited by SuperSwede; February 3rd, 2009 at 12:31 PM.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, that'd be a classic example of doom metal, alright. My tastes tend more toward power metal, the "New Wave of British Heavy Metal" (Maiden, Priest, et al), as well as the harder side of 80s hair metal. And wherever you'd put shred. And I've got a soft spot in my heart for some thrash too.

I would think that with so many blonde-haired, blue-eyed babes wandering around Sweden that no one could possibly be depressed enough to write doom metal lyrics. Evidently, I'd be wrong.
    Axen: Jackson DK2M, Fender Deluxe Nashville Telecaster, Reverend Warhawk 390, Taylor 914ce, ESP LTD Surveyor-414
    Amphen: Jet City JCA22H and JCA12S cab, Carvin X-60 combo, Acoustic B20
    Effecten: "Thesis 96" Overdrive/Boost (aka DVM OD2), Hardwire DL-8 Digital Delay/Looper, DigiTech Polara Reverb, DigiTech EX-7 Expression Factory and CF-7 Chorus Factory, Danelectro CF-1 Cool Cat Fuzz
    "I wish Imagine Dragons would be stuck in an Arcade Fire for an entire Vampire Weekend."--Brian Posehn

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely wrong.. we also have brunettes.
    I can't say that I've given up on a flanger cause I've never liked the effect either. I also can't say the same about Tremolo. I hate them both equally. - Tone2TheBone 2009

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSwede
    Absolutely wrong.. we also have brunettes.
    Yeah, they look like this:

J/K I love Opeth

Post Thanks / Like

That was a cool track!

Very different, yet very similar to modern doom - most of which comes from New Orleans and fittingly dubbed 'Nola Doom'.

Have you heard Down? No guitar solos, but some killer riffs and awesome bluesy-country-metal vocals from Pantera's ex-frontman Phil Anselmo.

Good stuff.